PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for cat back exhaust

Al Gray
05-20-2007, 07:08 PM
My son, Sean, is driving my 1992 525i that now has about 194,000 miles. It runs great and recently had the transmission rebuilt. The cat back is original and needs to be replaced. It came equipped with Eberspacher. We are trying to evaluate the best cat back exhaust replacement. We will be doing the bolt on job ourselves. The old exhaust is off now. I would be open to suggestions from any of you about your experience. Please include approximate pricing. We would prefer to keep the exhaust on the quiet side but not rule out performance exhaust. Last I checked an Eberspacher cat back with all new bolts, hangers and brackets was about $700 plus from BMA.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Al Gray

genphreak
05-21-2007, 08:16 AM
Try the supersprint. One of the only SS ones you can get.

I'd go with a cheap and nasty ANSA resonator and muffler as thy last for ages and perform extraordinarily- BMW got th exhaust very right on these cars.

2 Pieces, easy to bolt on from the cat back, just get new nuts from BMW and use anti-seize on the nuts. Buy new donuts (hangers if yours are anything like half-gone), they help it to stay on the car... :) nick