PDA

View Full Version : Just a couple of pic of my 34 from perth

Butcher
05-18-2007, 03:10 PM
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s71/butcherse34/100_0474.jpghttp://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s71/butcherse34/100_0476.jpghttp://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s71/butcherse34/100_0477.jpghttp://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s71/butcherse34/100_0482.jpg

the car has gone through quite a transformation since i bought it last december 05 cooling system replacement,new genuine oe front bar,head lights,clears all round, carbon badging, strut brace,control arms, alpine hu dd comp sub dd m1 2000wrms amp

this is my first atempt at bmw modding

Evan
05-18-2007, 04:20 PM
you've done a great job.. i love your car!

now put on your flame suit.. there are a lot of bored people with little or no intellect or manners who will take issue with your putting M badges on a non-M car.

BigKriss
05-18-2007, 04:21 PM
how much was the front bar?

Qube
05-18-2007, 06:36 PM
-1 for faded ///M badge. Fake or not, needs to look respectable.

+1 for clean engine bay. No cosmoline! Nice.

-1 for missing center caps on wheels... replica or not.

LunatiC
05-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Nice car, got any interior shots?

Maybe start looking for an M5-style rear decoration piece (thing that is held there by the number plates), would look more M-ish.

there are a lot of bored people with little or no intellect or manners who will take issue with your putting M badges on a non-M car.
That's an odd thing to say... banking on the level of someone's intelligence purely because of their opinion of an M badge. It is an opinion, people are entitled to them (although not too sure about that for America in the present age, it seems people tend to get killed for having one), some people like the M badge on a non-M car, and others like myself don't favour it too much. But hey if it makes the owner happy, then he's got every right to stick whatever he likes on the car.

On a sidenote Butcher, do you get many dickheads trying to race you because they have spotted the M5 badge? ("Zomg uleh dis karnt has an M5 bro, lets see if my Silvia can beat it uleh") Bet you still blow em away :P

Milkboot
05-18-2007, 06:45 PM
Ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh *begs* please tell me where you got the lights, and if you like them... mainly any drawbacks to them vs others or just the stock lights

other then that, if it was in Texas i would take it and leave you mine instead :P

Sam-Son
05-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Do you always work on you car without a shirt on? or just for pics?

Jehu
05-18-2007, 08:23 PM
How big a place is Perth? I knew a big girl from Perth named Jeanie Chester. She was a musician and i met her in California in 1993.

LunatiC
05-18-2007, 08:27 PM
How big a place is Perth? I knew a big girl from Perth named Jeanie Chester. She was a musician and i met her in California in 1993.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perth%2C_Western_Australia

Butcher
05-19-2007, 12:55 AM
how much was the front bar?
$5000 + from bmw germany buy memory

Butcher
05-19-2007, 01:01 AM
Ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh *begs* please tell me where you got the lights, and if you like them... mainly any drawbacks to them vs others or just the stock lights

other then that, if it was in Texas i would take it and leave you mine instead :P
i got them here in australia they look sick i havent seen another e34 anywhere in the world that has them down side they dont quite give off as much light as the originals high beam is worthless it works but gives off zero light due to the black backing so im driving around with my driving lighs on all the time (at night). the police are always giving me a hard time about them. hid upgrades dont work either due to the lack off reflective backing they look bright but cant see any better

Butcher
05-19-2007, 01:10 AM
you've done a great job.. i love your car!

now put on your flame suit.. there are a lot of bored people with little or no intellect or manners who will take issue with your putting M badges on a non-M car.
the previous owner had the s36 in there till it stopped working due to a lack of maintenence and could only aford to replace it with the m30 im working on putting things right though m badging was there when i purchased her. and they grew on me i see it as motivation to get that s36 back in $$$$$$$$$.
But till then a tickled m30 will do me chip,head cam exaust 240hp is enough for now

ps to the people that dont like it get stuffed.... i dont care what you think

Butcher
05-19-2007, 01:14 AM
-1 for faded ///M badge. Fake or not, needs to look respectable.

+1 for clean engine bay. No cosmoline! Nice.

-1 for missing center caps on wheels... replica or not.
the rims let her down at the moment but i will be painting them next week. i got carbon roundels for the wheels so it shall look nice:D

Butcher
05-19-2007, 01:25 AM
Nice car, got any interior shots?

Maybe start looking for an M5-style rear decoration piece (thing that is held there by the number plates), would look more M-ish.
On a sidenote Butcher, do you get many dickheads trying to race you because they have spotted the M5 badge? ("Zomg uleh dis karnt has an M5 bro, lets see if my Silvia can beat it uleh") Bet you still blow em away :P
nah not at the moment the interior is just grey leather having the front seats done soon in black and grey with motorsport stripes jonnie cecotto styles.
Almost every day someone trys to go her very very few win. its even funnyier when they go you only won because you have a v8 nah dick n/a six and you got burnt suckker what your turbo wasnt quick enough too bad so sad l8ter :)

Butcher
05-19-2007, 01:29 AM
Do you always work on you car without a shirt on? or just for pics?

lol nah i just got home from being out and saw my package sittin there and couldnt wait to fit it. the missus is pretty quick with a camera with stuff like that

Butcher
05-19-2007, 01:32 AM
its pretty big place quite a good bmw modding scene over here our club has about 150 members and growing every day we have quite a few heavily modded bms

mattyb
05-19-2007, 01:36 AM
nice!

Rusty
05-19-2007, 09:35 AM
A couple of years ago I heard an Australian song (folksong?) about sitting on the porch somewhere in Australia. Was wondering if you might know the title/artist?

Also, how do you keep the funnelweb and Wolf spiders out of your car and home? Australia is on my wish list of places to visit, but the thought of being killed everytime I look under a rock worries me. Crikey! ;)

Butcher
05-19-2007, 03:10 PM
A couple of years ago I heard an Australian song (folksong?) about sitting on the porch somewhere in Australia. Was wondering if you might know the title/artist?

Also, how do you keep the funnelweb and Wolf spiders out of your car and home? Australia is on my wish list of places to visit, but the thought of being killed everytime I look under a rock worries me. Crikey! ;)
its not the spiders you got to worry about its the drop bears one of those suckers can take your face off if ya not careful

repenttokyo
05-19-2007, 04:31 PM
where are people buying front strut bars?

LunatiC
05-19-2007, 05:04 PM

That describes many Australian folk songs, could you tell us any other words/themes in the song that might narrow it down further?

Not sure what other Australians do, but in our household we just have to keep an eye out. There has been many wolf spiders in our house, whenever we come across one we do the old ducted-vacuum dance with it. Usually they are quite big enough to make a FOOP sound when sucked up and you can hear them scuttle around through the hose and pipes inside the wall until it hits the can in the garage. If you hold the hose you can feel the bulge as well when they suck past.

I once had a pretty big spider (don't know what species) crawl into my door jamb, I must've had the driver's door open for 2 secs and the bastard crawled in. I got a stick and pushed it out of the door jamb and it scuttled under the car and stopped on the road jammed into the corner made by the tire touching the road. I made sure I reversed a bit before heading off :p

I haven't come across a funnel web spider here in Melbourne, I guess they're not as abundant as they are in the more north-eastern states like Queensland and New South Wales. They're not under every rock here in Oz, but you always should keep an eye out. And don't look under a rock unless you have to ;)

Rusty
05-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Found it:

There's a Safeway on the corner and a Woolworths down the street,
A New World's just been opened where they regulate the heat,
But I'd trade them all tomorrow for the simple bush retreat
Where the kookaburras call.

Give me a home among the gum trees.
With lots of plum trees, a sheep or two, a kangaroo.
A clothesline out the back, verandah out the front
And an old rocking chair.

mattyb
05-19-2007, 08:37 PM
oh yeh, man those drop bears are right ****ers

mattyb
05-19-2007, 08:38 PM
john williamson but also try a bit of slim dusty if u get the chance

mattyb
05-19-2007, 08:41 PM
she'll be right mate. actually i founfd a female funnel web last week and took some photos. it had been raining heavily and the little bastards surface after heavy rain on occasion. there all over the place where i live. bigkriss is gonna post a few pics as i dont know how to do it.

BigKriss
05-19-2007, 08:53 PM
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/5006/061jg7.jpg
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/4897/062jg2.jpg
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/687/069ke7.jpg

she'll be right mate. actually i founfd a female funnel web last week and took some photos. it had been raining heavily and the little bastards surface after heavy rain on occasion. there all over the place where i live. bigkriss is gonna post a few pics as i dont know how to do it.

BigKriss
05-19-2007, 08:53 PM
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/5801/072ly0.jpg
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/8982/074eb9.jpg

Evan
05-19-2007, 09:02 PM
i think you may have misunderstood what i wrote

Jehu
05-19-2007, 09:02 PM
So their bites are 100% fatal to humans? The Last Wave is one of my favorite movies... lol. My name is Chris too, like the main Abo character.

Nick.Hay
05-20-2007, 01:20 AM
Props Mate,

She looks awesome!! As many have said, Im not keen on the M-badges, but those roundels are the bomb!! I got shafted a few years back by buying the 'printed' carbonfibre ones!! I always wanted the real carbonfibre badges like yours, but never got round to it.

I'm in Tassie, and I'm glad to see yet another Aussie representin'!!

Great car man, love it!!

mattyb
05-20-2007, 04:33 AM
without immediate assistance, yes. hasn't been a death for 20 odd years but if were in the middle of nowehere and got bit you'd be ****ed.

Paul in NZ
05-20-2007, 05:34 AM
so this is actually an M5 but with an M30?I cant view your album for some reason

LunatiC
05-20-2007, 06:56 AM
i think you may have misunderstood what i wrote

It seemed that you called people who don't like M badges on a non-M badged car that they have "little or no intellect".

Seems pretty clear to me. Don't you think it looks like you think that someone who doesn't agree with you is somehow dumber than you?

If I had misunderstood what you wrote, rewrite what you wrote in a more understanding way...