PDA

View Full Version : Hasta la Vista..>!!

karmann
05-16-2007, 05:47 PM
Ok so I finaly gave up on my e34 seems no one could figure out the problem and since it's its springtime and its running fine again I traded her in...(got an e39) guess Im a glutton 4 punishment but maybe I'll have better luck the second time around with a bimmer and at least Ill enjoy the road to being Broke..;) ...for now the new bimmer is beautiful and a very smooth ride so I will enjoy it for the meantime ...hopfuly like s the winter more than the previous one....anyways thanks to those who tried to help ...L8r...;)

Qube
05-16-2007, 07:01 PM
*can't wait til new owner comes here with same problem...*

Boone.Msi
05-17-2007, 12:10 AM
hahhahahhaa, good for you OP. What e39 did you end up with?

Ross
05-17-2007, 08:23 AM
karmann,
Sorry to hear you gave up. From reading your old thread(s) it appears that you did everything except what was advised nearly unanimously here, namely change the temp sensor. The first sentence of your first post eluded to this. The dealer told you it was okay, the same one that charged you $600 for misdiagnosing.
The substantially higher fees that a dealer charges for labor are supposed to be predicated on expertise. I hope you didn't give your new car business to them now too.
Advice here is always freely given, using it may have saved you some trouble.
Someone sharp may get a bargain in disguise buying your old problem car.
Good luck with the new one.

632 Regal
05-17-2007, 08:25 PM
A+
From reading your old thread(s) it appears that you did everything except what was advised nearly unanimously here

karmann
06-01-2007, 10:03 AM
I ended up witha 97 e39 520i basicaly same car.....
this ones not nearly as fast as the other one was....but alot nicer
aspen silver with aubergine leather an AC.....(another one of my main reasons for the trade) .it is too bad cuz all in all I did sooooo much to that car from the top oil gaket,plugs,Cam and crank position sensors,new mufflers,shocks, brakes and front lower control arms (used the meyle ones) two new rear continental tires ,ohh and changed the main fuel line that was rusted and leaking.
I did repeatedly tell the mechanics about the temp sensor but none of them seemed to agree (I had three different ones work on it,).
anyways soo far so good with the new one already took it on a couple long drives...ses quite smooth...but I think I will put the iridum plugs as that might be why the previous 520 seemed faster...on the upside this one used 10-15 less fuel...
thanks agin....L8R

Evan
06-01-2007, 01:10 PM
good luck with your new auto!

CharlesAFerg
06-01-2007, 01:19 PM
where do you live? I've never heard of an E39 520i..

repenttokyo
06-01-2007, 02:05 PM

europia most likely.

DaveVoorhis
06-01-2007, 02:06 PM
Check his profile.

Sweden.

Evan
06-01-2007, 02:35 PM
the king has the hottest royal daughters in the world... correct me if im wrong

karmann
06-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Thanks...Not only the king ...I am american but moved here cuz my wife is Swedish..some of the most beautiful Blondes here... ;-)
I like it ALOT!!!!