PDA

View Full Version : Clogged windshield sprayer

bjwam
05-15-2007, 12:53 PM
What is the best way to un clog the windshield sprayers? The driver side is clogged and I don't want to disassemble or mess with it until I know what to do.
Thanks

CharlesAFerg
05-15-2007, 12:54 PM
While on topic, I've got an 89 M20 car, wheres the motor and mechanical crap for this - because mine don't even engage.

gale
05-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Oxy-acetylene torch tip cleaners work great. (Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware, etc?). You can also use them to adjust the aim. You can also pull a bristle out of a wire brush or poke them with a needle or fine wire.

Charles: the pump motor is mounted near the bottom of the fluid reservoir, behind the passenger side headlights. It's a friction fit into a rubber grommet and simply pulls out -- and will drain all the washer fluid if you don't plug it with a pencil or something right away.

BFEINZIMER
05-15-2007, 01:04 PM
compressed air...im sick this is the second tiem ive fixed mine after buyin new ones its bs hwow they cant stay unclogged

E34N
05-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Depends where it's clogged. In the hose or at the actual nozzle.

at the hose.. remove section and flush.

at the nozzle, you can first try putting a pin/needle into the tips to try and clear any build up there. Otherwise, just buy a replacement for it. Price depends on year of your 5er ($5-22).. some come with heated sprayers.

BFEINZIMER
05-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Depends where it's clogged. In the hose or at the actual nozzle.

at the hose.. remove section and flush.

at the nozzle, you can first try putting a pin/needle into the tips to try and clear any build up there. Otherwise, just buy a replacement for it. Price depends on year of your 5er ($5-22).. some come with heated sprayers.

dont by a replacement..compresssed air works 4 me

attack eagle
05-15-2007, 02:49 PM
try mixing your washer fluid with distilled water then.

or just using straight distilled water.

Fred/Houston
05-15-2007, 03:45 PM
I just clean it out with a guitar string. If I want to re-aim the nozzles I use the rolled end of a thicker string.
Fred/Houston

shogun
05-15-2007, 10:17 PM
I disassembled it and put it for 2 days in a vinegar concentrate, clean nozzles again and works fantastic.
or anything from coffe machine cleaner, teeth cleaner, whatever
is a activated scale remover, citric acid based descaling formula is also good.

Elimination of hard water mineral deposits.

bjwam
05-16-2007, 09:25 AM
Thanks everyone!