PDA

View Full Version : Its That Time Again Ladies And Gents!!!!!

BMW4LIFE
05-15-2007, 12:46 AM
so i get in my car today to go to work and when i start the car i notice that the on board computer located by the cd player display is off....non of the buttons are working....so im like its a glitch...i shut the car off and start it again to no avail....

so i try to click through the menu with the clicker by the steering wheel, for better lack of terms, but the only one that displays is the time and date....after like 7 clicks the timer comes on the display but the temp, avg mph, avg mpg, range, max speed, dist and the other goodies don't show up!!!:(

now i was thinking that it could be a fuse (hoping) but could it be that the whole comp went down? anyone?!

thanks

Paul in NZ
05-15-2007, 04:19 AM
is your main battery in good condition?

BMW4LIFE
05-15-2007, 11:21 PM
is your main battery in good condition?

its in great condition...i would say about 2 years old if that!

i did disconnect it when i was changing my fuel filter but the onboard comp was working fine after that!

BMW4LIFE
05-16-2007, 01:15 PM
anyone?

attack eagle
05-16-2007, 05:57 PM
take it out and plug it back in? or simply disconnect the negative fora minute or so and reconnect?

BMW4LIFE
05-17-2007, 04:08 AM
take it out and plug it back in? or simply disconnect the negative fora minute or so and reconnect?

could it be a fuse problem?

ill try the battery thing this weekend!:D

attack eagle
05-17-2007, 05:38 AM
maybe it runs on windows :)
CTRL ALT DEL doesn't seem to be an option though...

genphreak
05-17-2007, 06:21 AM
maybe it runs on windows :)
CTRL ALT DEL doesn't seem to be an option though...
Hmmm. Wechselnde+Löschung+Steuern maybe? But if you have a dodgy MS keyboard you might have to press da Funktion Verriegelung key first.

You may have a wiring issue- perhaps run an extra ground wire to the OBC and see if it comes back to life. Suspect any non-factory wiring work local to the OBC wiring. Check the fusible link ;) jic. If you get it going again, run it in diagnostics mode and keep a watch on the system voltage whilst driving, in case it happens again- that could be a clue. :) Nick