PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist: Deal or no deal?

JetMech
05-14-2007, 09:35 AM
http://columbus.craigslist.org/car/327426069.html

I know there's not much to go on but I thought I'd run it by you guys to see what you thought. This will expand the bimmer ownership to my brother, although I'm kind of annoyed that he's getting the exact same car I am but with the V-8, ha. Anyway, thanks for any opinions.

Greg

txp135
05-14-2007, 10:17 AM
does your brother prefer an automatic over a manual transmission? I would stay away from the 540 automatics since I've heard there are problems with them. And this one didn't mention if the suspension has been done, you can add about $1000 in parts to that.

There's a member on here selling the same color car for $10500 and it's the sport version with 6sp manual. And it's supposed to be sorted out already.

Tiger
05-14-2007, 10:41 AM
No deal... Jeez! If I can get that price for my car, I'll even throw in my rare BMW 17" 3 pieces wheels and a set of new tires to boot! My tranny are fixed years ago. And I'll lower that price too... More than enough that you can have great vacation with the money saved.

No transmission issue... just some checkball problem in the valve body... so it is pretty easy fix.

Evan
05-14-2007, 11:09 AM
No Deal. The car is worth $5K

stock wheels, stock suspension, and original paint (with plenty of chips i'm sure)

buy brodee's car!

NovceGuru
05-14-2007, 12:08 PM

I know there's not much to go on but I thought I'd run it by you guys to see what you thought. This will expand the bimmer ownership to my brother, although I'm kind of annoyed that he's getting the exact same car I am but with the V-8, ha. Anyway, thanks for any opinions.

Greg

Haha I saw this thing in my daily searches of columbus.craigslist.org. I doubt he will sell it @ that price. I got burned out of my down payment on craigslist. Maybe you remember seeing the posts regarding the "military" guy scamming with the 97 328i? I'm still out for blood :D (no one in particular, if anybody happens to wind up dead)

NovceGuru

632 Regal
05-14-2007, 01:13 PM
very high price for a stocker, especially if it hasn't been maticulusly maintained with full service records. Unless the car is 100% in and out it's not worth much more than the rest of em 5-6.5k.

Greg

dacoyote
05-14-2007, 02:10 PM
It's on Craigslist... so it's not a deal... :-)

JetMech
05-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Geez, let this thread soak for a day and look what I get. Thanks for all the input. So I guess if anyone has a 540 e34 to sell I'll more than graciously take the info on them. If anyone wants to pm me about a car for around $10k, feel free. Preferably in Ohio would be awesome but maybe a state or two away would be good too. I don't think we're up for trips to Seattle or something along those lines. Thanks guys.

Greg

Edit: He says manuals are preferred, so those go to the front of the line but all will be considered.