PDA

View Full Version : Washer Res leaking

Jehu
05-14-2007, 12:49 AM
I looked out my window to see a long trail of fluid in the parking lot leading from under my car. I head out and determine its washer fluid and appears to be coming from what i surmise it the Washer Pump Gasket. Its nearly 2 am here so taking the Air Box and Washer Fluid Tank out ( half full still) will have to wait > Just figured I'd ask if this is the most likely source rather than a cracked container. Is there another opening for the leveling switch which also has a grommet? Weirdest thing too My upper radiator hose was partly off the Rad Neck with two ribs showing and some coolant had leaked/sprayed about under the hood and dripped under there too. So glad i caught that before it blew off doing 100.. I'm gonna start doing an under the hood systems check like a Pilot before i drive away..

GJPinAU
05-14-2007, 01:00 AM
I went through the whole scenario of replacing bottle and grommets only to find out it was the pump itself that was leaking. Can be very frustrating. Good luck.

cheers,
Greg

Jehu
05-14-2007, 01:08 AM
I went through the whole scenario of replacing bottle and grommets only to find out it was the pump itself that was leaking. Can be very frustrating. Good luck.

cheers,
Greg

Was it just the process of elimination which allowed this discovery or did you finally observe it leaking from the pump? Sounds similar to the Aux Water Pump under the Heater Valves which has two halves and eventually began leaking. Thanks for the heads up. I'd been noticing the Fluid emptying out sooner and sooner lately but It must have all dried up by morning and i only noticed it tonight..

shogun
05-14-2007, 07:13 AM
Found also washwater leaking from the tank when refilling last Saturday. Turned out to be the connector is broken at the washwater pump. That is brittle plastic after almost 20 years.
Just ordered a new one at Autohaus Arizina for about 17 $ with the grommet too. Regular price is abt. 40 $, here in Japan 55 $.
So I added some more, in total I placed an oder for 7 pumps now. Rest is for sale in the auction house here, so my one will be probably free of charge at the end ;-)

Fetch
05-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Mine started doing this one day as well, I pulled over and took a look, for me it was just the hose for the washer pump had come off.