PDA

View Full Version : new radio problem

slupregime
05-10-2007, 11:39 AM
hey guys i replaced my factory unit with a pioneer unit...i hooked it up to the specs on a couple threads i seen on here but i get no sound until it is all the way up and then it is crakley...the ground wires are not hooked up like the previous people wrote on here .....

gmannino
05-10-2007, 04:33 PM
You probably did not hook up the remote turn on wire to power the factory amp. You need to connect your blue/white wire from your new deck to the white wire in the factory radio harness in the dash. This will get you sound.

jgardia
05-10-2007, 05:24 PM
Most radios have a -12[v] to +12[v] output for the speakers, and the amp is expecting an output of 0[v] to +12[v], with the signal centered in +6[v].
So, the easy way is to bypass the amp. The alternative is a small circuit to adjust the values. I have some ideas, but I haven't tried anything yet. As soon as I have something, I'll post it.

Cheers,

Jose

hey guys i replaced my factory unit with a pioneer unit...i hooked it up to the specs on a couple threads i seen on here but i get no sound until it is all the way up and then it is crakley...the ground wires are not hooked up like the previous people wrote on here .....

Rus
05-10-2007, 09:03 PM

If you have the old style radio hookup, you will need to ground the brown wire with the ring connector in the factory harness. On my stock radio it was grounded to the rear of the radio. Like you I had very poor sound until I grounded this wire.

slupregime
05-11-2007, 09:23 AM
amp power is hooked up i was wondering about the stud with the 2 striped brown wires on it i will gund that and check back with you guys