PDA

View Full Version : replace or recondition injectors?

Russell
05-09-2007, 03:33 AM
Is there any reason to remove, clean and recalibrate/repair/recondition BMW fuel injectors at 138,000 miles. Or is there a test to see if they are a problem without removing them?

From Past UOA I found a fuel dilution issue? Perhaps an injector is leaking after shutdown?? Not sure how to approach this issue.

Replacement seems to be overkill at over $100 each new. Fiveo suggested the following. At this point i have not idea about their price or quality of work. Thanks

Russell - I have reconditioned Bosch orginal equipment fuel injectors for your 95 525i.

Price is $259.50 plus $60 refundable core deposit.

Usually a simple cleaning is not recommended. The most common problems with the old parts are the coils breaking down or the seperation of the body parts that lets some fuel start to leak.

Bruce Holt,
Owner-Fiveomotorsport

ryan roopnarine
05-09-2007, 08:29 AM
do you ever have an occasion where your car will start really quickly after turning the key in the ignition, then take a bit longer to start at other times?

MBXB
05-09-2007, 11:54 AM
I had my injectors reconditioned and calibrated over a year a go. So far, no problems. Cost about $150 for all 8.

MBXB
05-09-2007, 11:57 AM
http://www.witchhunter.com/injectorserv1.php4

Boone.Msi
05-09-2007, 12:33 PM
ive heard nothing but good words about five-o and their products. Most poeple just upgrade to 21.4# or 24# injectors. Im in the mix of researching and doing this as well.

Russell
05-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Yes-I think I have. I know if I start the car and move it out of the driveway. Then come back in a few minute to an hour or so and move it again, It will run rough for a minute or so. My indy said it seems to be a "feature" of the m50 to run rich in that situation as he sees it all the time.

I will watch it for a while. Overall the car start well at all times.

Russell
05-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Thank you I will check them out. However, downtime is an issue for me. I am considering just swapping them out.

Podmore
05-10-2007, 04:32 AM
Just bought a set of used late model Design III 4 spray 19 lb injectors off ebay USD$102 plus postage. I'll let you know if it was a good move or not when they arrive and I've put them in (I have a couple starting to leak).

ryan roopnarine
05-10-2007, 05:25 AM
if you are itching to replace them in place of cleaning them, and you have a fuel dilution problem--combined with what you said about the fast+slow start, i'd do it. i had to replace my 6 by 100k, and surgically replace two many, many miles later. they do like to fail. we have a chevrolet that i suspect has a leaking injector and a dilution problem, and it likes to do the fast/slow deal too. if that doesn't fix the dilution bit, you probably just need new coil packs.