PDA

View Full Version : Some d*ck in an e34 cut me off today.

Robin-535im
05-08-2007, 09:39 PM
I was driving down the road in the left lane, moseying along really since I was in the pickup. Guy comes roaring past me in the median on the left (painted median) and swerves in front of me just before the solid median starts up.

Black 525 narrow grille. Stock, not maintained particularly well.

Needless to say I was emotionally torn.

Martin in Bellevue
05-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Never heard of the Texas truck rule?

The biggest vehicle gets the right of way & road position choice at all times. You were in yer truck, right?

My 3/4ton chevy was quicker to 80 than the wife's 540iA. Don't miss the big block with $3/gallon gas.

OneBeLow
05-08-2007, 10:05 PM
all left lane drivers shall burn...the sooner the better

Robin-535im
05-08-2007, 10:32 PM
all left lane drivers shall burn...the sooner the better
Thing is I'm no slowpoke by any means. 350's have plenty of torque... and believe me I use it :)

genphreak
05-09-2007, 07:48 AM
all left lane drivers shall burn...the sooner the better... I guess you live in a drive on the left-side of the road country? btw, in such places, I think all the right lane drivers goto Hell... (but a little more slowly).. LOL

ryan roopnarine
05-09-2007, 08:24 AM
god damned bmw drivers.

Ross
05-09-2007, 08:34 AM
Sorry Robin, left lane is for faster traffic which obviously this guy was. His method was decidedly provocative but perhaps you were dawdling by comparison. I find myself doing this occasionally as old age creeps in.
Kudos for not responding to the ******* in kind. May his water pump impeller fail in the desert.

Qube
05-09-2007, 09:11 AM
+1 hahaha

May his water pump impeller fail in the desert.

Evan
05-09-2007, 09:15 AM
bmw drivers think they own the road. it's unamerican.

Robin-535im
05-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Sorry Robin, left lane is for faster traffic which obviously this guy was. His method was decidedly provocative but perhaps you were dawdling by comparison. I find myself doing this occasionally as old age creeps in.
Kudos for not responding to the ******* in kind. May his water pump impeller fail in the desert.

When he passed me I had one of those "whoa - am I getting old?" moments. I'm always first off the line and as quick as I can be without being a jerk to those around me... in fact I was at or above the 35 mph limit on this 2-lane (each way) city street and passing a slowpoke in the right lane myself. All in all, I peacefully accept the idea of not driving fast... I guess the younger generation is nipping at my heels...

*edit* - BTW this was ~6:00 in the evening on a city street, where there really is no "passing lane" to speak of. Come to think of it, not really a "passing lane" concept on the freeways here! :)

PScalfano
05-09-2007, 10:15 AM
I have found that BMW owners are either enthusiasts or *******s... not much medium. This seems especially true in older BMWs. When I tap my horn / wave at another BMW owner, I either get a wave or just plain ignored!

steve0suprem0
05-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Sorry Robin, left lane is for faster traffic which obviously this guy was.

i'm gonna have to respectfully disagree. the left lane is for PASSING. you pass, get the hell over, and then others can pass you if they're fast enough.

now, that said, i've got to acknowledge that i'm like the only californian (here by necessity, not preference) that actually knows this. it's my understanding that this isn't much of an issue on the east coast. i blame the carpool lane. and hippies. damned carpooling, hybrid driving, tree hugging, dirt-munching druids.

Evan
05-09-2007, 11:20 AM
left lane is for passing and faster traffic... not hippies from bolinas in VW buses

Macv
05-09-2007, 11:46 AM
It was MEEEE HAHA

Ross
05-09-2007, 11:54 AM
That's what I meant. Unfortunately a concept lost to many on the roads I drive.