PDA

View Full Version : How to replace inside door handle

RIPDOTCOM
05-08-2007, 04:49 AM
My door handle inside the driver side is loosy goosy. I pulled back the door panel a bit and the wire is still attached to the actuator and can be pulled from the inside so i think the door handle must have simply broken off a piece that moves it. Is there a simple way to replace it or do i need to pull the entire door panel? 1993 525i

Also, does anyone know where to order one from as ebay doesnt seem to have any

Rus
05-08-2007, 07:46 AM
RealOEM Diagram (http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD23&mospid=47408&btnr=41_0731&hg=41&fg=40) It appears that the handle is replaced by complete replacement of the black trim panel it sits in. You will have to remove the door panel to replace it. Commonly recommended part distributors are bmaparts.com and autohausaz.com Although BMA may not list the part, they may be able to get it for you if you give them a call. Based on the price estimate on RealOEM, the dealer may not charge all that much for a new handle, so perhaps they are worth a look too. HTH

RIPDOTCOM
05-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Cool, thanks. I fixed it. the wire was actually popped out.

Rus
05-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Cool, thanks. I fixed it. the wire was actually popped out.

That happened to my driver's door handle too. The plastic grommet in the arm is torn up and doesn't hold the cable in place like it should. I managed to fix that with a rubber band though.