PDA

View Full Version : ford 30# injectors/FPR questions

Boone.Msi
05-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Ive got access to a great deal on 30# ev1 ford injectors($100) and was wondering if theres any benefit to having these. For $100 it would be the same as buying a good set of used 530i injectors, so i thought why not.

I remember reading up that some members were gaining a better MPG rating by having the new design injectors, are EV1 the new design? Will i recieve an even better increase in power if i upgrade to an aftermarket chip or do i have to have a specially calibrated MAF to gain any results? How about the 3.5" euro m3 hfm?

Does the larger size mean i would need a fuel pressure regulator, or will these work fine under the stock pressure?

Il be searching the forum for answers but please let me know if you have any input on these.

Jeff N.
05-07-2007, 10:59 PM
What is the stock injector size on an M60 motor? I suspect it sure isn't 30lbs but maybe I'm wrong.

Bottom line: Don't change your injector size rating. You'll do nothing but mess up how the car runs.

The Motronic computer is calibrated to expect certain size injectors and signals the injectors to pulse so long based on a variety of inputs including engine speed, air flow, temp, etc. If you up/down size the injectors, the pulse will send too much or not enough fuel. While the motronic will try to adjust via the close loop o2 sensor, it will not be able to compensate. At WOT where the car goes open loop, the mixture will be totally wrong.

The only way to effectively change injector sizes is to have a matched chip with fuel tables just for that injector rating.

You may see articles about swapping in ford mustang 19lb injectors into the M30. They are very close to the stock injectors (within a few % points) and thus work.

Jeff

shogun
05-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Be careful!
I have just checked if M60 injectors fit on the M70 V12 engine.
M60 injectors require a fuel pressure of 3.5 bar, M30 and M70 engines 3 bar, besides the smaller differences in volume etc.