PDA

View Full Version : Question about motor mounts: M50 Part II

repenttokyo
05-06-2007, 07:25 PM
So I received my motor mounts from BMA and I installed them today. Everything went fine, but what I thought was odd was that one of the new motor mounts that they sent me was missing the little rubber stub on the bottom side that fits into one of the holes on the chassis. The mount fits in fine, and is the same size and shape as the mount I replaced, but it is missing this stub. Should I be concerned? Does this stub play an important role? Inquiring minds want to know....

repenttokyo
05-07-2007, 07:48 AM
No one has seen these stubless motor mounts before?

Anton CH.
05-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Mines had the the stub.

Barney Paull-Edwards
05-07-2007, 11:44 AM
my tds mounts were the same,I think its because the inlet side mount needs rotating to fit,or mine did.

repenttokyo
05-07-2007, 12:03 PM
my tds mounts were the same,I think its because the inlet side mount needs rotating to fit,or mine did.

same as in missing the little stub on one side?

Barney Paull-Edwards
05-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Yes,mine was missing stub but it made fitting a lot easier, just got to adjust one with missing stub to best fit on inlet side.

repenttokyo
05-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Yes,mine was missing stub but it made fitting a lot easier, just got to adjust one with missing stub to best fit on inlet side.

that is what I ended up doing - thanks, it's good to know that it's not going to fly apart on the highway one day!