PDA

View Full Version : Suspension - Normal?

e34.535i.sport
05-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Just a quick one - the rear suspension on my 535i sport looks a lot lower than the front... Is this the norm? Ive only had the car a couple of months, and didn't pay much attention to it at first but now its bugging me.

Its the same on both sides and it gives a good ride, and the handling is great (my e46 handled like a double bed in comparison).

You might be able to see what im talking about in my picture?

Thanks in advance.

Robin-535im
05-05-2007, 04:05 PM
Just a quick one - the rear suspension on my 535i sport looks a lot lower than the front... Is this the norm? Ive only had the car a couple of months, and didn't pay much attention to it at first but now its bugging me.

Its the same on both sides and it gives a good ride, and the handling is great (my e46 handled like a double bed in comparison).

You might be able to see what im talking about in my picture?

Thanks in advance.
Yup - that's the norm. My car's PO got different height springs to level out the appearance. Car sits a little more slanted but the gaps are more even. Stock is to have more gap in front than in back visually, but the car should still sit level. Bentley's has a spec for a "fully loaded" car, what the ride height should be.

You can get 3mm spring pads (vs. 9mm stock I think) to drop the front a tad.

Qube
05-06-2007, 08:23 AM
Normal. Have a look:

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=18699

e34.535i.sport
05-07-2007, 02:35 AM
Thanks, thats put my mind at rest!