PDA

View Full Version : clunky ratting on hard left turning..

Michael999
05-04-2007, 01:04 AM
Got a rattle thats i think getting worse.
When i take a firm/sporting left turn, or just swerve left, anything enough to make the car lean over, i get a clunk clunk clunk clunk.
It is faster when im going faster.
Once im out of the corner the repeated clunking (still based on speed) seems to diminish but sometimes sticks around, until i take a hard right turn.
Even on the straight, if i do a hard swerve to the left for a split second to make the car lean, the clunk occurs.

From inside the cabin its hard to tell where to clunk is coming from, but it sounds like its coming from the rear left of the car.

I jacked up that corner of the car, had a look for a a branch lodged there or something visibly broken like a swaybar link or something, but everything looks fine, a few bushes look a bit deteriorated, but this clunk is a very mechanical sound, similar to holding a large stick against the wheels spokes whilst the car is moving.

Any ideas?

632 Regal
05-04-2007, 05:39 AM
what is this clunk season? theres plenty of posts on this now, lots of information if you look down the posts. could be sway bar links, strut collars, strut mounts, thrust/control arms etc...enjoy.