PDA

View Full Version : // OT: Canada's largest chop shop busted!

LunatiC
05-03-2007, 07:07 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/03/busted-canadas-largest-chop-shop-caught-with-700-stolen-cars/

Canadian police found themselves the mother lode of all chop shops, and the sheer volume of cars found on the grounds of the 100,000 sq. ft. location was simply staggering. ... Some of the cars were brand-new, with zero miles on the odometer, and others were stacked one on top of another.

Holy crap! I wonder how many E34s are in there...

Macv
05-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Wow!

I wonder how many E34s are in there...

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/3281/stolene34eb4.png

Found one.

SharkmanBMW
05-03-2007, 07:32 PM
So that is where my Jetta VR6 ended up....

bastards.

North of Montreal is not a surprising location for this!

Lots of gang run operations "north" of Montreal!
They arrested one guy...
- did he steal 700 cars alone and store them??
I think not.

632 Regal
05-03-2007, 08:03 PM
exactly, why only 1 arrest? Canadia is taking after the states and that sik, where else can I run?

So that is where my Jetta VR6 ended up....

bastards.

North of Montreal is not a surprising location for this!

Lots of gang run operations "north" of Montreal!
They arrested one guy...
- did he steal 700 cars alone and store them??
I think not.

SharkmanBMW
05-03-2007, 08:14 PM
exactly, why only 1 arrest? Canadia is taking after the states and that sik, where else can I run?

Another ****ed up story from here last week:
Cop-killer gets out on bail!
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070423/parasiris_bailhearing_070423/20070423?hub=TopStories

632 Regal
05-03-2007, 08:26 PM
I get it now, no CCW permits so this **** can be carried on. safer place with no guns... they should require a psyche evaluaton on everyone carrying... we dont need my first ex to be carrying. At least near me.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070423/parasiris_bailhearing_070423/20070423?hub=TopStories

repenttokyo
05-04-2007, 08:25 AM
let's not have this turn into another debate about gun control....

montreal is one of the worst places in Canada to get your car stolen, most of the cars don't end up at a scrapyard like this, they end up in a cargo container down at the port and get shipped out really, really quick.

Qube
05-04-2007, 10:56 AM
Crap, they found my backyard.

nixter
05-04-2007, 11:00 AM
I think the suburb of Surrey, British Columbia has taken the prize for highest per capita auto thefts in North America a few years. It's also only a 25 minute drive from here! yay.

n

Montreal525
05-04-2007, 11:01 AM

Yeah, don't get me started on this...............

Jeff

Montreal525
05-04-2007, 11:08 AM
exactly, why only 1 arrest? Canada is taking after the states and that sik, where else can I run?

They only arrested the owner. And they found out about all this on a fluke scrap yard inspection. It's located in the city of Laval. There's about a dozen scrap yards on that street and most of them are sub-standard even by scrap yards criterias. It's been going on for decades.... But hey, they say car theft is not a problem in Montreal so all is good... :D Just pay your premiums and shut the **** up....

Jeff

nixter
05-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Yeah, don't get me started on this...............

Jeff

Interesting story. From that article alone though you have to wonder if the police could have been a little smarter in their planning. If you bust into a registered gun owner's house at 5am while his family is sleeping, you'd better be prepared for him to be ready to fight. Obviously I don't have all the details though.

n

Montreal525
05-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Interesting story. From that article alone though you have to wonder if the police could have been a little smarter in their planning. If you bust into a registered gun owner's house at 5am while his family is sleeping, you'd better be prepared for him to be ready to fight. Obviously I don't have all the details though.

n

4 unregistered guns in the house. They did check to see if any guns were registered at that address and they were none. Let's not hijack the thread, I suggest we let that subject go....

Jeff

kick7ca
05-04-2007, 11:28 AM
It's the Hells Angels car collection.

nixter
05-04-2007, 11:36 AM
It's the Hells Angels car collection.

yup. could be some interesting police auctions in the near future.

DanDombrowski
05-04-2007, 12:08 PM
You gotta understand that scrapyard and wrecking companies let NO ONE into their yard, shoot on site, that type of stuff. Usually this is accompanied by dogs bred to attack on site, razor-wire fences, and tall trees/walls so you can't see in.

Unless you have a warrant and have a dozen officers as backup, you're not getting into ANY wrecking yard if they don't want you in. I guess thats how this went on for so long. Suprising though that none of the cars with GPS/On star ever brought more attention there. Mabye they were smart enough to rip the systems out ASAP.

pundit
05-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Here's (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=laval,+montreal&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=54.753001,76.640625&ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=45.5937,-73.700634&spn=0.002988,0.006437&z=18) a Google Earth pic of the yard.

winfred
05-04-2007, 06:27 PM
heres one of my yard (http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=30.464694~-90.976132&style=h&lvl=19&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&encType=1)

Montreal525
05-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Here's (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=laval,+montreal&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=54.753001,76.640625&ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=45.5937,-73.700634&spn=0.002988,0.006437&z=18) a Google Earth pic of the yard.

And you have to take into account that the picture is at least 3 years old. The housing project where I live is not far from there and it's only in the first stages of construction. It's now completely done as of this spring.

Jeff

attack eagle
05-05-2007, 03:12 AM
You gotta understand that scrapyard and wrecking companies let NO ONE into their yard, shoot on site, that type of stuff. Usually this is accompanied by dogs bred to attack on site, razor-wire fences, and tall trees/walls so you can't see in.

Unless you have a warrant and have a dozen officers as backup, you're not getting into ANY wrecking yard if they don't want you in. I guess thats how this went on for so long. Suprising though that none of the cars with GPS/On star ever brought more attention there. Mabye they were smart enough to rip the systems out ASAP.

How to defeat Onstar:

1 Drink a 12 oz can of coke or other soft drink.
2 stick can on the Onstar antenna
3 Done.

attack eagle
05-05-2007, 03:39 AM
4 unregistered guns in the house. They did check to see if any guns were registered at that address and they were none.
Jeff

If police run me they won't find one registered weapon, yet I own 8.
I haven't gotten a new gun in 20 years... and my first was 27 years ago. I personally own 3 rifles and 5 shotguns... 0 handguns. They were all gifts or inheritances, so 0 paper trail.

Besides, since when does anyone have to register guns? With who and what the hell for?

I for sure ain't telling the police what guns I have around the house... it's none of their damn business... We actually had a situation back home about 15-20 years ago where gun thieves were using the police database to FIND houses with guns to steal.

Montreal525
05-05-2007, 08:25 AM
If police run me they won't find one registered weapon, yet I own 8.
I haven't gotten a new gun in 20 years... and my first was 27 years ago. I personally own 3 rifles and 5 shotguns... 0 handguns. They were all gifts or inheritances, so 0 paper trail.

Besides, since when does anyone have to register guns? With who and what the hell for?

I for sure ain't telling the police what guns I have around the house... it's none of their damn business... We actually had a situation back home about 15-20 years ago where gun thieves were using the police database to FIND houses with guns to steal.

Under Canadian law, every firearm must be registered with the national firearm database. Wether we like it or not, that's the law up here. And the database is only accessible to law enforcement agencies.

Jeff

attack eagle
05-05-2007, 04:22 PM
wow, can't believe a lot of the laws you guys put up with.

SharkmanBMW
05-05-2007, 04:45 PM
wow, can't believe a lot of the laws you guys put up with.

This is the best example of:

"The pot calling the kettle black"

attack eagle
05-05-2007, 04:51 PM
What laws do I have to put up with?

repenttokyo
05-05-2007, 05:15 PM
What laws do I have to put up with?

i think it's called "the patriot act".

LunatiC
05-05-2007, 05:31 PM
IMO (and I'm no American, so no "right to bear arms" here), a database of firearms and having all firearms registered by law can only be a good thing. It's a little naive to think that the database is at fault when some crims get access to it to steal guns -- surely it's the security of the database, and not the database itself that is at fault. If the national gun database is stored in a MS Access file on some burnt CD, what do you expect.

attack eagle
05-05-2007, 06:20 PM
Government should fear the people, not the inverse.

Why does ANY government need to know exactly which citizens own a gun, or the type and number thereof?

An premeditated criminal act worth a dang is going to involve a stolen gun or one bought used or blackmarket, not walk into a store and register it.

Hell felons are prohibited from owning weapons, at least here, so registration is a nonsensical argument in crime prevention.

Patriot act is stupid kneejerk people who failed history, and are condemned to repeat it, demanding that ANYTHING be done. I voted against my rep and senator because they voted for it, but I live in an idiot run county full of demoncrats.
My personal view is that 3000 civilians was not a high price to pay for the liberties we enjoyed pre 9/11, and that we have let the terrorists win by becoming less free.

repenttokyo
05-05-2007, 06:31 PM
An premeditated criminal act worth a dang is going to involve a stolen gun or one bought used or blackmarket, not walk into a store and register it.

I am willing to bet that 90 percent of domestic violence shootings are comitted with a legally purchased weapon.

Hell felons are prohibited from owning weapons, at least here, so registration is a nonsensical argument in crime prevention.

what were felons before they became felons?

in any case, how did a thread about stolen cars turn into a gun control debate? AGAIN! We've all got our own politics, but we all love the same cars, we should just stick to that....

attack eagle
05-05-2007, 06:50 PM
And what does registration have to do CRIME PREVENTION?

BTW: Before being CONVICTED of a felony, they were citizens with the right to keep and bear arms, vote, just like everyone else etc.
You guys are acting like registration is some Minority Day scenario that let's police stop crime from happening, and that not having any registered weapons means the police should not have excercised due caution.
That is my beef.

Hell, the VT shooter had every right to own guns. Tragic that he chose to use them against unarmed people? Yes.
But why were all the other people unarmed?
Laws and regulations designed for their own "safety".

repenttokyo
05-05-2007, 08:39 PM
actually, I'm unarmed because I choose to be unarmed, even if it were legal I wouldn't own a weapon. When I was younger, I did own a weapon, and I did use it, and let's just say that I am a very lucky person.