PDA

View Full Version : Oh great - one of those days!

GJPinAU
05-05-2004, 11:55 PM
Decided to buy new wiper blades because the old (6 months) ones vibrated across the windscreen. Took off the blade arm drivers side, replaced the wiper rubber, went to passenger side took off the blade arm, flicked the wiper arm and smash went the windscreen.
Guess where I'm going tomorrow.

amsmk
05-05-2004, 11:59 PM
Ouchhhh. I had plans to change my blades this weekend.

mholbrook
05-06-2004, 12:45 PM
I did the same thing on my 944S once. It was late in the evening and whap, big 3" depression. I was able to tape it and drive the car for a few months before I found a cheaper windshield.

Now, I always put some stout padding in the area when I do that job. It was a $300 lession for me.

Probably a lot of others but not many will come forward and admit this mistake!

George M
05-06-2004, 02:22 PM
I haven't experienced that but appreciate the tip...first I had heard about that ever happening and will try to remember it when changing wiper inserts next time.
George
P.S. Mike...you miss your 944s?

Warren N.CA
05-06-2004, 02:37 PM
Fortunately, the winshield was original and worn out(sand blasted), at about 170K. I was delighted to get my new windshield. But if I had it to do over, I would NOT go OEM. Cost a bunch, and IMHO, not necessary. Just put in PPG windshield in the E30, and am just as happy with it.

My indy says that smashing thing has happened more than once, in their shop.

Decided to buy new wiper blades because the old (6 months) ones vibrated across the windscreen. Took off the blade arm drivers side, replaced the wiper rubber, went to passenger side took off the blade arm, flicked the wiper arm and smash went the windscreen.
Guess where I'm going tomorrow.

George M
05-06-2004, 02:53 PM
bronzit 525i 5 spd for sale? Had I lived in Cal, I may have bought it.
George

Warren N.CA
05-07-2004, 02:59 PM
bronzit 525i 5 spd for sale? Had I lived in Cal, I may have bought it.
George