PDA

View Full Version : Fuel leak....with a history.

JD525IA
05-02-2007, 10:20 AM
I had a small leak that was coming from the rear car, near the rear axle. So, I changed the fuel filter last weekend since it was pretty much near its location. The hose clamps were pretty loose, so that may have been the problem there. The filter was probably due anyway.

Now, I have a fuel leak coming from the left side of the tranny, near the cross member that has the tranny mounts. It is directly below the back end of the fuel rail. I had to replace the 3" piece of flexible fuel line when I worked on my starter last year, so I know that line is new.

I looked all around under the hood but couldn't find the leak. It was just dripping quickly underneath the car from where I had tranny leaks before, but it was gasoline this time. After the car ran for a few minutes, the leak stopped.

This sounds very much like 'vegasjoe' s Rough Idle post where he talks about a fuel leak. I also had the rough idle until I changed the fuel filter.

Any suggestions?

JD

632 Regal
05-02-2007, 01:07 PM
I would question the hose you previously changed. Did you use fuel injection line?

JD525IA
05-02-2007, 01:34 PM
I would question the hose you previously changed. Did you use fuel injection line?

and only used 3 to 4 inches of it. Anybody need a fuel line segment/patch?

JD