PDA

View Full Version : Warm Air from somewhere even when the controls are off!!!

The Melmaan
05-01-2007, 11:44 PM
I have been dealing with this issue for a while now. Now the hot weather is here and I have to do some fixing.
The issue is there seems to be some warm to hot air blowing or coming from somewhere even when all the climate controls are off. It is so anoying are I don't even know where to begin.
Help, help help.....

Morgenster
05-02-2007, 01:41 AM
I have been dealing with this issue for a while now. Now the hot weather is here and I have to do some fixing.
The issue is there seems to be some warm to hot air blowing or coming from somewhere even when all the climate controls are off. It is so anoying are I don't even know where to begin.
Help, help help.....

Most likely one of the two water valves for heating is stuck open. You can find this near the firewall on drivers side in the engine compartment.

Paul in NZ
05-02-2007, 02:16 AM
sometimes i get this,i can ussually get the heater to go cool again by turning the heat up to full,and wait until HOT air starts flowing then i turn everything down to cool,if its still the same try again.But the real problem is a sticky(or stuck) heater valve
heater operation (http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/trouble/Heating.htm)

Kibokojoe
05-02-2007, 02:42 AM
I will second that. Check the fuse on the heater valve first, then if its not the fuse...pull it clean it. Not to bad a job only takes about an hour.

The Melmaan
05-03-2007, 11:42 PM
Much thanks to all of you guys. I will check this out this weekend....