PDA

View Full Version : Options for future

peregrine40
05-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Alright, I have a 1995 525i automatic with about 170k on it. I love the car, its awesome and in great shape, and Im *hoping* that it will last till about 300k, but who knows really. I drive it a good bit, and Im wondering what my options are once it inevitably stops going. I could sell it minus driveline or part it out and buy a new car, but everything is in such good shape, and I love how the car drives, that would seem a waste, so I came to the conclusion of swapping in a new engine and tranny.
I hear an s50 swap is the most probably of all. Will all s50's fit? Is it just the US spec or can you shove in the s50b32 with somewhere above 300hp or something? How easy is it to swap in these engines? Any good info or tutorials on it? Pars lists? Anything.
What trannies were available with all these cars that would be easy enough to swap into my car? I'd actually like to go with an automatic, and I plan on going to a paddle shift some future date. Anyone done anything with paddle shifters on these cars? Info on column adaptors and whatnot?

Any help is appreciated in advance