PDA

View Full Version : How much for an '89 Alpina B10?

Panda
05-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Car was sold at British Car Auctions in March and described as very good, repainted with original interior.

Less than 90k miles and FSH.

E34N
05-01-2007, 05:43 PM
don't know the conversion rate.. but here, in the US.. a local guy has one and has been offered $50K for his.

DaveVoorhis
05-01-2007, 05:50 PM
The conversion rate is largely irrelevant, unless you're a money trader. In terms of local spending power, £1 is roughly equivalent to $1 regardless of the international exchange rate. The difference lies in the position BMW occupies in the automotive hierarchy. While a BMW in the US (and Canada) is a premium marque, in the UK it occupies a niche roughly equivalent to a North American Oldsmobile. When you see "Alpina," it triggers a response in the UK car buyer that is essentially the same as a North American seeing "Hurst Olds". Set your prices accordingly.

Evan
05-01-2007, 05:54 PM
dave, i never knew you were an authority on so many subjects!

DaveVoorhis
05-01-2007, 07:08 PM
dave, i never knew you were an authority on so many subjects!
I believe in keeping my eyes open, my hands busy, and my mouth shut. I'm currently paid to be an "authority" on assorted computer-related crap, but I've put no more effort (and no less) into that than I have into cooking, travelling, photography, plumbing, creative writing, science, electrical work, music, motorcycle repair, car repair, electronics, and half a dozen other hobby/employment activities that keep me off the streets. If that makes me an "authority" on anything, then so be it, but personally I wouldn't trust anything I write any further than I can throw a fit.