PDA

View Full Version : Ever shipped larger items from Germany to USA ?

Booster
04-27-2007, 09:34 PM
Hey folks.......I need some advice from the experianced people who've had larger items shipped from Germany to the USA, by boat,plane,spacecraft.
This is a carton weighing near 50lbs and abour 6 feet long x 24" deep x 34" wide.
I need to manage this operation quickly or I'll lose the deal I've arranged......very frustratingly ,I might add.:p
I'm just not wanting to make any mistakes by overpaying due to not sourcing properly.HELP PLEASE !:)
Vinny

Paul in NZ
04-28-2007, 01:24 AM
at one time I was going to ship a set of wheels from Germany(Hamburg).The actual sea freight is very cheap,you pay for volume.Get a international freight forward company on to it.If time is an issue ,and it sounds like it is you may have to pay a premium,but a freight forward company will know how.The likley most expensive part may very well be getting from its current location to a major port

shogun
04-28-2007, 01:37 AM
I already sent him an email to contact either Panalpina or Schenker forwarding company. Schenker also owns DHL. And Schenker is owned by the German postal services.
Both have offices all over Germany and can pick that up from the seller.

Paul in NZ
04-28-2007, 02:28 AM
Good work Erich!

Elekta
04-28-2007, 09:38 AM
DHL, or someone in the army stationed over there. I got rear window blinds shipped to me from a W Germany air base

Booster
04-29-2007, 09:59 AM
... yes and THANK YOU once again Erich !:) I have sent emails to both for shipping quotes ...it'll be Monday or so, before I hear from them.

How did you guys get things handled vis the Military bases ? Did you know someone...or did it just work our when you asked them ?