PDA

View Full Version : Good headlight grill paint

takumidrift30
04-27-2007, 02:34 PM
Searched the forum but haven't seen a post on it. Wanting to paint my headlight grills to have that new look or atleast get that deep black look again, kinda faded right now and tidious to always spray shine stuff everytime I wash it. I have something in mind but I'd rather follow the path of who had good results/experience.
Needs recommendation.

Blitzkrieg Bob
04-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Mother's back to black

after a few heavy coats they come back to a rich black color

swenpro
04-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Mother's back to black

after a few heavy coats they come back to a rich black color

In my experience back-to-black washes off after a month or so... I'm going to try Forever Black next, seems to have good reviews because it uses an actual dye instead of just "removing oxidation."

Denton
04-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Oh God, for a second I thought you were going to paint them anything but black. Someone was about to have to call 911 over here!

Blitzkrieg Bob
04-27-2007, 03:12 PM
In my experience back-to-black washes off after a month or so... I'm going to try Forever Black next, seems to have good reviews because it uses an actual dye instead of just "removing oxidation."

SPOOKY

etcetera
04-27-2007, 03:19 PM
If you decide to paint, vinyl dye has worked well for me on plastic components.

takumidrift30
04-27-2007, 03:30 PM
I would assume that all of these are available on local auto stores..e.g.autozone, pepboys..or specifically on auto piant stores?

Etcetera any specific brand?

etcetera
04-27-2007, 03:35 PM
"Color Works Vinyl Spray". I've used it on computer parts (faceplates for cd drives, etc) and some interior auto pieces.

I'd test it somewhere inconspicuous.

The computer parts I've done don't look painted, they look like they are made from black plastic.

I bought it at the local hardware store. I think Kraagen has it also.

takumidrift30
04-27-2007, 03:42 PM

I'll take a not of that, encountered an article about it(Forver Black) but didn't really bother to read at that time. Guess I didn't need it then..oh humans:(

Bob how long did you had Mother's on them? Spoke with a e34 owner couple of months ago..and had mentioned I thinkof Mother's also and it's faded right now. I'm looking at the premise that it might be a case to case experience.

takumidrift30
04-27-2007, 03:50 PM
"Color Works Vinyl Spray". I've used it on computer parts (faceplates for cd drives, etc) and some interior auto pieces.

I'd test it somewhere inconspicuous.

The computer parts I've done don't look painted, they look like they are made from black plastic.

I bought it at the local hardware store. I think Kraagen has it also.

Great! Thanks bro..I might use it at some of our computer housing at the production section, the PC's look old but actually they're just new due to exposures on outside environment.

Evan
04-27-2007, 04:01 PM
buy new grill.. it costs about $25.. and if you want headlight grilles I have a set for you... $40 shipped brand new (narrow)

takumidrift30
04-30-2007, 05:09 PM
buy new grill.. it costs about $25.. and if you want headlight grilles I have a set for you... $40 shipped brand new (narrow)

Appreciate the offer Evan, but I might pass for now. Thanks again!