PDA

View Full Version : what is the best fix for noisy doors?

billy in slo
05-05-2004, 04:20 PM
I have excessive wind noise from deteriorated rubber weatherstiping on doors, is this integral w/the plastic and felt trim? It looks like one piece, is this a DIY or should I have a auto interior shop or bodyshop or dealer do it?

lee
05-05-2004, 04:31 PM
I have excessive wind noise from deteriorated rubber weatherstiping on doors, is this integral w/the plastic and felt trim? It looks like one piece, is this a DIY or should I have a auto interior shop or bodyshop or dealer do it?

Yes, I recently replaced the weatherstripping on my front doors. Its not cheap, about $80 each side. The weatherstripping and felt is one piece. The plastic trim on the bottom of the door that goes over the weatherstripping just pops out. You have to match it to the interior color of your car. My car has a black interior, but the headliner and felt trim are a grey/silver color. It took awhile to identify the correct color.

It is a DIY job, that should take a couple of hours. Actually, one side took like 2 hours; once I knew what to do, the other side was fast, maybe 20 minutes.

Now that its done, I plan on periodic application of Gummi Pflege to keep it supple.