PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain this

dcbimmer
04-25-2007, 01:41 PM
I read this response in one of the threads and it applies to my situation. I'm really interested in the part that I have highlighted. Can anyone explain how this can be done?

I am have Bilstein touring shocks/struts with Eibach lowering and love it. It gives me the aggressive stance and better handling without losing comfort. When I first installed the Eibach lowering springs, I put in Bilstein Sports. They were way too stiff and were bottoming out over bumps and pot holes. I thought I was going to lose some dental work and damage my car it was so bad. I later learned that you can open up the sports and cut the internal bump stop down to half the height in order to reduce the bottoming out. But, by the time I learned about it, I had already replaced the sports with touring and had sold the sports. I am very happy with the comfort AND handling.

bmwrp8
04-25-2007, 01:55 PM
i'm running a bilstein sport and H&R, my first was shocks was Bilstein touring and like yours it was bottoming out...I had my suspension checked and found out my susp.bushings esp.the stab.bushing and thrust arm bushing was defective so I replaced all..after that it wasn't bottoming out anymore and the ride was a bit stiffer...then I changed it to bilstein sport monotube:D check your stab. bushing might just be it