PDA

View Full Version : Rear window blinds

540 touring
04-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Hello

I bought some rear window roller blinds from e-bay and they seem fine. Only problem (a major one) is I cannot fathom how to fit them. I understand I need to remove the door cards, which I have done, but I still cannot see how they fit or how they are screwed in place.
Has anyone got any ideas ? pictures would be really helpful.

thanks

Kalevera
04-25-2007, 11:45 AM
You need the (touring specific) rear door panels with the provision for rear window blind fitment. The top of the door panel is different, and you'll also need the window top edge trims that have the detents for holding the blind when up.

Last set of door panels that I saw for sale with this provision went for around 250 euro, without the blinds, on German eBay last year.

You could try finding the set for a sedan, but the blinds used on the sedan are different than those used on the touring.

540 touring
04-25-2007, 03:35 PM
You need the (touring specific) rear door panels with the provision for rear window blind fitment. The top of the door panel is different, and you'll also need the window top edge trims that have the detents for holding the blind when up.

Last set of door panels that I saw for sale with this provision went for around 250 euro, without the blinds, on German eBay last year.

You could try finding the set for a sedan, but the blinds used on the sedan are different than those used on the touring.

thanks very much