PDA

View Full Version : Alarm! Alarm! Someone must know which one!

Ferret
04-25-2007, 10:18 AM
My 525tds has an alarm fitted to it... however it's currently disabled. It looks something like so:

RealOEM Link (http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HG82&mospid=47396&btnr=65_1000&hg=65&fg=60)

With the part 8 installed, also has an alarm fob which is separate from the key with a single button on it...

The fob is grey and is about 5cm x 2cm in size, with the bmw logo on it - and doesnt work afaik!

Does anyone have any idea about specs on this system, it's a factory fitted professional jobbie - microswitches on the hood and ultrasonics in the car.

I hope this will control door locks and that someone knows how to resynch the fob with the car?

I'll post a photo later this evo when I can get near the fob and alarm with a camera... but if anyone has any idea I'd love to know...

shogun
04-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Do you mean the drive away protection? That is BMW optional extra. In Germany they call it French Frie because of the shape. On the E32 the control unit sits behind the speaker in the legroom of the driver side

Ferret
04-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Do you mean the drive away protection? That is BMW optional extra. In Germany they call it French Frie because of the shape. On the E32 the control unit sits behind the speaker in the legroom of the driver side

Nope, it's not that unit... I is gonna have to post a photo :o