PDA

View Full Version : Stranded in need of help

dcbimmer
04-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Someone please take this. I blew a hose on my way to work this morning and coolant is everywhere. The hose that went is the small hose thats connected to the themostat housing and goes under the intake. I got a new hose and the guy at the dealership says the hose goes to the coolant tank. I'm trying to get back on the road how do I reach the other end of this monster. How do I get the hose changed.

Ross
04-24-2007, 02:00 PM
It connects to both the heater core and the tank I think. Is there a T at one end?
Try using the old one to pull it through, I don't think anything holds it.
Bitch of a roadside job.

Rus
04-24-2007, 04:40 PM
When I changed the hoses under the intake manifold, I banged up my hands pretty bad. The hoses are held in place under the manifold with plastic clamps. If you feel around, you may find a way to undo them. I ended up snapping off because they were fragile. Feeding the hose in is not very hard, but there is little space to work with. There are also some bolts and protruding metal underneath the manifold, so be careful with your hands.

dcbimmer
04-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Hey Rus I was able to get the hoses changed and you were right about the plastic clips I broke two of them.....lol Did you replace the broken clips or did you just let it ride?

Blitzkrieg Bob
04-25-2007, 01:34 PM
it down to keep the hose from rubbing against the bracket.

Rus
04-25-2007, 02:38 PM
Hey Rus I was able to get the hoses changed and you were right about the plastic clips I broke two of them.....lol Did you replace the broken clips or did you just let it ride?

I bought the replacement pieces, but it turns out that the clamps are held on with the same nuts that mount the intake manifold. I decided not to mess with them since I saw a potential issue of disturbing the intake manifold.