PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used Rustbullet

Kibokojoe
04-24-2007, 01:41 PM
Has anyone used Rustbullet rust preventive?

632 Regal
04-24-2007, 02:59 PM
they all work pretty much the same way, by converting the rust. You might want to pour a bit inside the door itself incase water is making its way through the inside too.

Kibokojoe
02-22-2010, 12:07 PM
Three years now with rust bullet on the bottom of the doors and the rust has not returned

tim eh?
02-22-2010, 03:19 PM
This is interesting

http://www.drjing.com/Mini/BLOG/SideBySide.htm

I've got tremclad and por-15 in a few places :D the big test will be when I lift up the ds carpet in the spring.... ewwwww....

Mordan
02-22-2010, 03:53 PM
This is interesting

http://www.drjing.com/Mini/BLOG/SideBySide.htm

nice torture chamber :)

BMWDriver
02-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Good find!

Rick L
02-23-2010, 09:04 PM
After converting the rust, how long do they last? Noticed few bubbles under rear license plate lights... :(

they all work pretty much the same way, by converting the rust. You might want to pour a bit inside the door itself incase water is making its way through the inside too.

Kibokojoe
02-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Rust Bullet has a 10 year guarantee. This is the first product that I have used that actually works. Tried POR and it pealed on my motorcycle tank. The trick on RB is to get thin even coats. They say at least two I usually go with 3 or 4.

ss2115
02-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Love POR-15 - absolutely the best.
Trick is not to put it on a cleaned or new surface. It works best on surface rusted surfaces or old metal as long as most of the scale has been removed.

The other trick is that you cannot leave it exposed to sunlight. It needs to have a top coat of anything you want to protect it from UV degredation.

Its the only stuff that has lasted on the engine mounts in our boat - everything else tried prior to POR-15 peeled and scaled off within a year or two.

I'm using it extensively on a Citroen DS rebuild as well - under chassis, tyre wells, fuel tank compartment and interior floors etc. Some of its been there almost two years now and even with work going on around it and being exposed to weather (not direct sun though) its very difficult to chip and I've not had any peeling or deterioration.

Dave M
02-24-2010, 08:39 PM
I second the POR-15 endorsement. Its held up on my chassis, door bottoms and sections or rocker.

Dave