PDA

View Full Version : Elekta is in NorCali...WuHOO

Elekta
04-23-2007, 02:38 PM
Well, my elekta M5T is gonna miss the BimmerFest unfortunately, but at least it is here

Here are some pics I got today from BTE, where the conversion guys just picked it up from Port Hueneme and brought it to Richmond, CA.

There are two cars in front of me and it won't be until a week or two after the fest that I will pick it up for my first tour back to austin in it. Not surfing this thread too often so PM me if you need something....like maybe to buy my euro spec 530iT, very well sorted with all the fixin's OEM

geoff
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/bmw/L1020650.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/bmw/L1020648.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/bmw/L1020647.jpg
and mine for sale $13k
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/bmw/DSCN4688.jpg

Elekta
04-23-2007, 02:48 PM
There will be a couple things to fix, I am finding out...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/bmw/L1020654.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/bmw/L1020653.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/bmw/L1020649.jpg

markus
04-23-2007, 04:18 PM
the tire looks flat

but anyway what is an elekta? i know they sold them in italy but what makes em so special?

E34N
04-23-2007, 04:30 PM
Looks good.. but yea.. what is elekta?

Elekta
04-23-2007, 04:40 PM
elekta means 1 of 20 with bmw individual trimmings

Paul in NZ
04-24-2007, 03:11 AM
those sports seats look brand new!Exciting times for you,hope she fulfills all your expectations, M5T surely a desireable E34,will she be making the annual shooting run c/w trailer etc?

Macv
04-24-2007, 05:55 AM
I like the blue interior.

Elekta
04-24-2007, 06:57 AM
those sports seats look brand new!Exciting times for you,hope she fulfills all your expectations, M5T surely a desireable E34,will she be making the annual shooting run c/w trailer etc?
Absolutely, only faster on the US 281, and at a crawl on the 12 mile caliche ranch road. With only 76k on the od, there's plenty of good miles left on her. I am not one to hold back on mileage. The best part of tourings are road trips. Last trip in the 530iT was to enchanted rock (http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/parks/enchanted_rock/) and that is an outstanding high speed haul on a tasty texas twisty wildflower highway FM16. This year I drove two sections going thru Fredricksburg on the way and home thru Llano. It was a blast. I almost lost another tow hitch cover at about 105mph, when by a stroke of luck I looked in the rear view only to see it spinning in the air. Those spring clips truly suck and it's on there with zip ties now. I glue gunned some plastic eyelets to run a zip tie thru.

Texas has some of the best touring roads in the world...imho, though I am certainly going to love the trip home from San Francisco thru Vegas to Sante Fe to Austin in about a month.

cheers

g

ILoveMPower
04-24-2007, 07:16 AM
Gorgeous car, can't wait to see pics when she's all cleaned up.

What are the invididual options that car has?

Elekta
04-24-2007, 07:21 AM
Gorgeous car, can't wait to see pics when she's all cleaned up.

What are the invididual options that car has?power heated seats, extended blue nappa leather and velour carpeting, the 3 wheel climate control, all 1995 upgrades inclu passenger air bag. I had the westafalia tow system installed in the UK under the bumper cover before it was shipped over, No CD in rear...some other stuff.

OneBeLow
04-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Looks good.. but yea.. what is elekta?

What is an E34 M5 Touring "Elekta" edition?
At the request of several Italian BMW dealers, a limited edition of 20 E34 M5 Touring "Elekta" editions was produced by BMW Individual exclusively for the Italian market in June and July of 1995. These were offered in a choice of two unique color schemes: Sterling Silver metallic (244) with an extended Marine Blue Nappa leather interior and matching carpeting or British Racing Green (312) with an extended Hazlenut (also referred to as Tobacco) Nappa leather interior and Mexico Green carpeting. Both schemes also included a black leather dashboard and door tops (normally offerd only as part of the Complete leather interior). All of these Tourings were further equipped to a very high specification including Shadowline trim, dual power sunroofs, power front seats with driver-side memory and automatic climate control. Some examples were also fitted with a metal insert on the shift knob inscribed with "Elekta" and each unique car number in the edition of 20.

E34N
04-24-2007, 11:52 AM
What is an E34 M5 Touring "Elekta" edition?
At the request of several Italian BMW dealers, a limited edition of 20 E34 M5 Touring "Elekta" editions was produced by BMW Individual exclusively for the Italian market in June and July of 1995. These were offered in a choice of two unique color schemes: Sterling Silver metallic (244) with an extended Marine Blue Nappa leather interior and matching carpeting or British Racing Green (312) with an extended Hazlenut (also referred to as Tobacco) Nappa leather interior and Mexico Green carpeting. Both schemes also included a black leather dashboard and door tops (normally offerd only as part of the Complete leather interior). All of these Tourings were further equipped to a very high specification including Shadowline trim, dual power sunroofs, power front seats with driver-side memory and automatic climate control. Some examples were also fitted with a metal insert on the shift knob inscribed with "Elekta" and each unique car number in the edition of 20.

Thanks for the explanation. I've seen pictures of the BR Green with Tobacco before, but never hear the 'Elekta' term.

Can you keep us local folks updated on when you plan on picking it up? I'd like to see it in person before it's trip home.

Elekta
04-24-2007, 12:00 PM
If I can and if you are near SF. You have to understand with 2 kids under 5 and a wife who couldn't give a rats ass about my latest acq, I will be flying in, eating a meal with my bro in SF to go over the route and then I will be off like a prom dress to Texas....I will keep yall posted, best I can do.

out

E34N
04-24-2007, 03:43 PM
If I can and if you are near SF. You have to understand with 2 kids under 5 and a wife who couldn't give a rats ass about my latest acq,

I do understand...

only if it's feasible of course..

Paul in NZ
04-24-2007, 08:53 PM
If I can and if you are near SF. You have to understand with 2 kids under 5 and a wife who couldn't give a rats ass about my latest acq, I will be flying in, eating a meal with my bro in SF to go over the route and then I will be off like a prom dress to Texas....I will keep yall posted, best I can do.

out
AHHH the ultimate road trip,the actual trip you will be alone or will the bro be coming.How come the car is ex the UK?
I can almost feel the anticipation myself as you first glimpse the car,walk up and slide into those sports seats..:)

SC David
04-25-2007, 12:54 AM
I do understand...

only if it's feasible of course..Yeah, I wouldn't mind checking this out either if it's do-able. I'm in SF. Sounds like this is the same place where Greg got his Alpina federalized, and where his M5T is coming in too.

M5Greg
04-25-2007, 01:22 AM
David,

He's using the same RI that I used.

Geoff,

Because you're using the same RI I wouldn't buy your plane ticket yet. Importing cars is kind of like buying a house. You'd think that a real estate agent and bank could avoid snags. But they always come up. Barry has imported hundreds of cars, but snags come up. I'm hoping it goes smoothly but it probably won't. Sorry about the wet blanket. I know you'll get the car soon.

Greg S.

Stephan735i
04-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Congrats. On a gorgeous vehicle, a real cream puff:D take care of it, there are a sister car to yours here in Sweden.

Stephan

Elekta
04-25-2007, 03:10 PM
No wet blanket. My eyes are wide open to the delays and the problems, and I am a commercial real estate broker, and we live the adage ("there's no crying in real estate"). I bought a US ceramic cat for back up (pretty $$$ contingency plan imo) if the euro cat fails, which it likely will, but I may get lucky too. It only has to pass the Cali/EPA test once, then it's good for ever. All my headlights, sidemarkers, wiring pigtails, rear hatch glass is all collected. I had the car tuned and oil and plugs and 02 sensor replaced in the UK before it shipped, so I am somewhat ahead <knock wood>

The delays very well could come from the two cars in line in front of me. We'll see, we'll see. My bro just got his 83 911 cabrio out of the shop yesterday and he is itching for a drive, so he may spy the wagon for me tomorrow, and start it up and record me a .wav file....if he know's what's good for him. ;) ;)

Tell you cali guys what: we will have a SF send off at the Fog City Diner, or my old haunt the Elite Cafe or maybe that joint just across the Golden Gate so we can park a few side by side. Saliya might bring some of his treats too...B10's and one of the 4 M5T's he's got in line.

cheers all, and don't forget my 530iT Mmmmimposter is on the table too.

attack eagle
04-25-2007, 04:55 PM
Too bad you aren't coming thru here...
El paso TX.

Elekta
04-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Too bad you aren't coming thru here...
El paso TX.

more likely cross into the great state around lubbock...now if I were picking it up in santa monica....

M5Greg
04-26-2007, 01:42 AM
Saliya might bring some of his treats too...B10's and one of the 4 M5T's he's got in line.

He'll have to ask me first. The B10 and two of those M5ts are mine :D .

Greg

M5Greg
08-22-2007, 12:30 AM
more likely cross into the great state around lubbock...now if I were picking it up in santa monica....

Geoff,

I hear your car will be ready real soon. But, what's this I hear about a shipper taking it to Texas? There are a lot of locals who want to check out your car.

Greg

P.S. My #1 M5T was just cleared through customs. Saliya's should be in the next couple of days. There could be three M5Ts at BTE's soon. :D

Robin-535im
08-22-2007, 10:32 AM
...I am certainly going to love the trip home from San Francisco thru Vegas to Sante Fe to Austin in about a month.

What are you talking about? According to MY map, in between SF and Austin you have to go through Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, maybe even Michigan.

Unfortunately it looks like it will be a loooooong trip...

CharlesAFerg
08-22-2007, 11:09 AM
What are you talking about? According to MY map, in between SF and Austin you have to go through Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, maybe even Michigan.

Unfortunately it looks like it will be a loooooong trip...

What are you talking about?