PDA

View Full Version : NEEDED: E34 lowbeam headlight case

krazy00kanadian
04-20-2007, 03:14 PM
I need a headlight case for my 1990 535i E34. Passenger side lowbeam.

Rock from a semi put a nice little rain funnel in the glass.
I have been told these are very hard to find (in Maine) so i decided to turn to the lovely people of the internet.

If you have one yourself, or have any idea where to find one it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

~farley

Barney Paull-Edwards
04-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Try Euro car-parts UK on the net, mine were £22, if that does`nt work try German and swedish.co.uk, bit more expensive but they will post anywhere! Some parts are way more cheap here and sellers will ship cheap to US, worth trying?

Dave M
04-20-2007, 08:01 PM
First thing: Is it just the lens? If so try bmwlight.com (http://www.bmwlight.com). They ship a half-decent 'plastic' replacement lens from Georgia (I've replaced headlight and foglight with these). Stephan is fair, the price is great and the procedure to replace is relatively easy if you have a cheap heatgun and an hour.

If not, I may have a spare 'bucket' if thats what you need. Did the rock damage the reflector or other inards?

Are these projectors or freeforms? Ask if you don't know the difference, ask,, or try a search.

Too many questions. We'll get you fixed up, just give us a bit more info.

Dave

krazy00kanadian
04-20-2007, 10:26 PM
as far as i can tell reflectors are fine, and the light works fine too. but it wont pass inspection. I will take a close look tomorrow in the light and check it out a bit more.

they are stock, not sure what you mean by freeform or projectors.

i only need the cover, so i'm looking at the plastic lens's at BMWlight.com and they look great.

thanks for the quick responses!

~farley