PDA

View Full Version : Guibo totally trashed (Pic)

Ferret
04-20-2007, 09:27 AM
Ahh-ha!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/Ferret101/guibo.jpg

Discovered what was causing all the thumping noises... not the bearing as expected, but the guibo!

It's the original one as it has a bmw stamp in the part, seems to be spilling its innards everywhere!

Nice and quiet now, and much smoother on the motorway too :)

ILoveMPower
04-20-2007, 09:30 AM
Lol, I'd have to say hardly trashed...

Mine looked like a ball of yarn when I changed it

myles
04-20-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm only guessing but it looks like it was installed the wrong way. The thicker parts of the disc should be compressed when the car is going forward and the thinner parts of the disc compressed when reversing. I'm only guessing here, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

The 6 bolt holes are not evenly spaced anymore. My old one also looked like a ball of yarn, but the bolt holes were still evenly spaced.

Anton CH.
04-20-2007, 08:17 PM
THat's at 130k! Go easy on the road racing man.

winfred
04-20-2007, 08:22 PM
yep that one looks like it was installed out of phase, theres little arrows around the rim, point the arrow to the part of the flange the coupler is bolted to

genphreak
04-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Ahh-ha!
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/Ferret101/guibo.jpg

Discovered what was causing all the thumping noises... not the bearing as expected, but the guibo! It's the original one as it has a bmw stamp in the part, seems to be spilling its innards everywhere!Nice and quiet now, and much smoother on the motorway too :) Are you going to take a vague photo of it and put it on eBay like everyone else does?

"Bought this for my car but found the old one wasn't so bad and the problem was something else... Bargain orginal BMW Guibo...starting at only $50 it is half the price of a new one..." LOL

yaofeng
04-20-2007, 10:01 PM
yep that one looks like it was installed out of phase, theres little arrows around the rim, point the arrow to the part of the flange the coupler is bolted to

I thought if it is installed the wrong way it would be destroyed in no time, not after 130k miles.

Jon K
04-20-2007, 10:46 PM
I thought if it is installed the wrong way it would be destroyed in no time, not after 130k miles.

That's far from destroyed - its out of round implying improper alignment.

yaofeng
04-21-2007, 06:20 AM
That's far from destroyed - its out of round implying improper alignment.

Exactly my point.