PDA

View Full Version : fan clutch assembly HELP!!!

gamjohn2
04-19-2007, 05:23 PM
I can't get the fan clutch assembly off to access the thermostat housing. Whenever I turn it, the belt wheels turn too and I and stop them from doing so. And yes, I do know they they're reverse thread. Please help!! *waits in the garage patiently*

gamjohn2

gamjohn2
04-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Also, the new Behr radiator that I bought has two gold inlets on the expansion tank that my old radiator does not have. What are these for and do I need to plug them if I am not going to use them?? See pic (on left side).

clindahl
04-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Those two inlets on the left side are for an automatic transmission cooler. If you have a manual transmission, don't worry about it.

gamjohn2
04-19-2007, 05:58 PM
Those two inlets on the left side are for an automatic transmission cooler. If you have a manual transmission, don't worry about it.

I have a AT, but as I said the old radiator doesn't have them. Now I'm really confused. :(

pingu
04-19-2007, 06:15 PM
You may have a separate "cooler/radiator" for the automatic transmission fluid - when I had my (engine coolant) radiator replaced the Indy said he didn't need to touch the auto fluid pipes as they went to a separate radiator.

DaveVoorhis
04-19-2007, 06:16 PM
Give the fan clutch wrench handle a sharp, hard wrap with a heavy hammer or light sledge in the proper direction. It'll usually pop loose. If not, you'll need to obtain or fabricate a tool to hold the fan.

If your previous rad didn't use a radiator-based tranny cooler, then don't worry about the inlets on the new one.