PDA

View Full Version : are 24mm sway bars plug n'play?

Fred/Houston
04-19-2007, 01:22 PM
I am looking to purchase 24mm sway bars for the front on my 540i. Do any adaptations or welds need to be done to the brackets or is it just plug n' play?
Thanks
Fred/Houston

steve0suprem0
04-19-2007, 03:13 PM
i've only seen under my car, and my rd swaybars came with new bushings, but they went right on no prob. same brackets and everything... hth.

Fred/Houston
04-19-2007, 03:46 PM
i've only seen under my car, and my rd swaybars came with new bushings, but they went right on no prob. same brackets and everything... hth.
Thanks. I'm a little confused because at realoem.com it states that they are 15mm in front, but just read somewhere else that their 23mm and the ones I just bid are 24mm, so if their already 23mm, upgrading to 24mm will be a waste of time.
Now I'm hoping I lose the bid, and it look like I may win :(
Fred/Houston

Kalevera
04-19-2007, 04:12 PM
I have a feeling that you're bidding on my auction.

If you are, the bar is a direct bolt and go part for your 540. The M5 bar is 1mm thicker. At the current price, it's 1/3 my original asking figure, and 1/12 of the cost of the M bars. So I'd say it's a pretty good deal.

See this thread for more info:

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=28780

Still, if you want out, email me in the next 30 minutes and I'll can your bid.

Fred/Houston
04-20-2007, 08:43 AM
I have a feeling that you're bidding on my auction.

If you are, the bar is a direct bolt and go part for your 540. The M5 bar is 1mm thicker. At the current price, it's 1/3 my original asking figure, and 1/12 of the cost of the M bars. So I'd say it's a pretty good deal.

See this thread for more info:

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=28780

Still, if you want out, email me in the next 30 minutes and I'll can your bid.
Lol, so I'm buying them from you? What a small world. I screwed up because I looked up the rear swayson realoem which were 15mm so I was thrilled, then after I bidded I realized I looked up the back instead of the front.
I doubted there would be a difference, but I'm comfortable with your remark since you know these cars better than me.
It was kind of you to offer to cancel the purchase, but I will put it on my car and just sell the original one.
Thanks
Fred/Houston