PDA

View Full Version : overhead sunroof switching panel

bayviewsbb
04-17-2007, 11:21 PM
G'day,
Has anybody replaced this small plastic trim panel that houses the sunroof switch & fuse...mine has just disintegrated with the switch and fuse hanging down and looking decidedly daggy...
I'm hoping your'll tell me it's ok to pull the leads off the switch and fuse, lower the panel and then remove the cloth trim and buy a s/h replacement panel...but looking at the leads they look sealed in...your suggestions/experiences on how best to go about the above would be appreciated.
Cheers
bayviewsbb

The Bigfella
04-17-2007, 11:24 PM
I'm waiting on this panel from BMA at the moment. Had the same thought myself. I put a bolt through mine with some washers to catch the lip and hold it in till the new panel gets to this side of the world

Ian

BigKriss
04-17-2007, 11:52 PM
I replaced mine a while ago. I didn't see a fuse there, only the sunroof switch. The switch easily comes loose from the connector on it. I bought a new panel from BMA, the plastic clips had broken off. The leads aren't sealed in.

The Bigfella
04-18-2007, 01:34 AM
They look to be on one of the things in my panel. Next to the sunroof switch is a rectangular plastic wigwam for a gooses bridle. It has a lead that looks like a coax cable and it didn't seem to want to come out when I gave it a gentle tug, so to speak.

henryw525i
04-18-2007, 05:18 AM
Yeah that happened to me too, I took the easy method because I knew I wouldnt find a clean spare panel.

I got my hot melt glue gun and placed a bit of glue on the pannel that is closest to the motor and stuck it up there. It stuck there like a rock. The only time your going to need to get it down is if your sunroof gets stuck or you need to get your centre light console out. And you could just pry it off, hot melt glue isnt hard to break.

So just buy a glue melt gun instead of a spare, and have a glue gun for life and a fixed panel!!