PDA

View Full Version : Starting problem! Help!

Rick L
04-17-2007, 07:52 PM
Actually, this isn't my E34 but E46. I figure guys on this forum seemed to have good technical knowledge so might know what the issue is... This is second time this happened! :( First time was few weeks ago. I tried starting my car but nothing. I have all lights and battery good but won’t start (it’s like the same symptoms if you don’t press in the clutch – starter won’t turn). I called the dealer and they told me to try another key so I did but that didn’t work either. Just as I was about to call the dealer to have my car picked up; one of my friends tried and it started right up. I took my car to the dealer and they plugged it into a computer and found no fault code or any other issues. All cables and connecters checked out good (so they say). So, maybe it is one time glitch with the computer or something. And today, it happened again! Same thing… After 5-10 minutes trying to start the car… I tried something different. I held the key in position 3 (the last position to start the car) for 5 seconds and it started. Could this be do to bad ignition switch? Or sensor for the key (was told they contain security chip)? Anyone experienced this problem before? I like to take care of the issue right away. There’s nothing worst then getting stranded because you car won’t start! :( Thanks for any info in advance…