PDA

View Full Version : 525 tds wanting to put in amp and box

dhcp
04-17-2007, 04:46 AM
Hi

I'm not sure where to put in the amp/box as I have been told that there may possibly a loom for the amp already in the boot. Also wtf is the battery kept as I have not had the car for long. I have noticed it only has the BMW CD changer in the boot on the side panel.

Do I need to run wires through from the head unit or will I be lucky to find this amp loom?

regards

dhcp

Ferret
04-17-2007, 04:38 PM
Hi

I'm not sure where to put in the amp/box as I have been told that there may possibly a loom for the amp already in the boot. Also wtf is the battery kept as I have not had the car for long. I have noticed it only has the BMW CD changer in the boot on the side panel.

Do I need to run wires through from the head unit or will I be lucky to find this amp loom?

regards

dhcp

Your battery is stored under the rear seats... if you get hold of the front corners and give a stiff yank upwards, it'll pop free allowing access to the battery and fuses.

I'd love to know if the amp wirings already there though...

gmannino
04-17-2007, 07:49 PM
For the non-experienced car audio installers, if you have never installed in a BMW before, it will be difficult.

The factory wiring loom going to the factory amp has low level input and high level output. You can tap off of the high output then use a line output converter for signal. Or you can cut rca leads and solder them directly to the inputs of the factory amp. You cannot use the power.

You will need to run power wires from the battery to the new amp.