PDA

View Full Version : WOT: Something for the musicians

wjbell
04-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Ok, this is way OT, but for any of you that are old like me you might know this one by Heart ;P I'm not that great but am finally getting it down so I thought I'd share... Sound close?

http://www.belletc.net/music/crazy.mp3

wjbell
04-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Ok, this is way OT, but for any of you that are old like me you might know this one by Heart ;P I'm not that great but am finally getting it down so I thought I'd share... Sound close?

Linking correctly helps...

Macv
04-16-2007, 08:58 PM
Amazing songwriters, what did you use to record?

wjbell
04-16-2007, 09:05 PM
Amazing songwriters, what did you use to record?

I use Cool Edit Pro on my PC and record from an electric guitar direct into the sound card. Pretty cheesy setup for now... later I'd like to get a more professional sound card (like a Delta) and a tube preamp and/or line6 POD for the guitar.

Macv
04-16-2007, 09:33 PM
I know many many many people that stand by the POD series, but personally, I think they flatten out everything and give the sound a fake "plastic" feel.

Now I'm probably not patient enough, but if I have to spend two hours EQing and finding the tone I want, it's not worth it.

I did like the recording however. I can't play any Heart :)

wjbell
04-16-2007, 09:43 PM
I know many many many people that stand by the POD series, but personally, I think they flatten out everything and give the sound a fake "plastic" feel.

Now I'm probably not patient enough, but if I have to spend two hours EQing and finding the tone I want, it's not worth it.

Yeah, I'm the same way. If it's too complex it's not worth it. I've heard people say good things about pods though, guess I have to try one out.

I did like the recording however. I can't play any Heart :)

Thanks! ... fellow guitar player? What kind of stuff do you play?

repenttokyo
04-16-2007, 09:50 PM
I would reccomend a great program from Native Instruments called Guitar Rig 2. It's what I used when I was touring, and it allows you to directly line in and emulate pretty much and sound / amp / mic placement you are looking for.

Macv
04-17-2007, 06:08 AM
guess I have to try one out.

Definitely, don't let someone else's bad experiences decide your purchase.

I play guitar for a local metal band, a church, and every once in awhile bluegrass style with my art teacher and his friends. So I get a pleasing amount of variety, and I love it.

Sam-Son
04-17-2007, 04:15 PM
Crazy on you?

632 Regal
04-17-2007, 05:37 PM
Metal Church?
Definitely, don't let someone else's bad experiences decide your purchase.

I play guitar for a local metal band, a church, and every once in awhile bluegrass style with my art teacher and his friends. So I get a pleasing amount of variety, and I love it.

Macv
04-17-2007, 05:56 PM
Metal Church?

Normal church.

wjbell
04-17-2007, 06:37 PM
Crazy on you?

That's what it's suppose to be ;)

Sam-Son
04-17-2007, 10:29 PM
That's what it's suppose to be ;)
It's very good. Finish the song :)

bsell
04-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Linking correctly helps...

Nice try!

I don't think you could have picked a much more complicated piece short of Michael Hedges, but what do I know as a non-player?:D

Just how busy was the original guitarist and do you think he/she was happy to play that song at every live show?;)

Brian