PDA

View Full Version : Trunk release button

bissellh
04-16-2007, 09:54 AM
My 1992 525i E34 does no have a trunk release button or at least I do not know where it is. I know it is a minor feature, but it is one I would like to have. Has anyone installed a trunk release button in their E34?

Antrieb
04-16-2007, 10:02 AM
Sounds like a fun mod. Be the first!

neil_004
04-16-2007, 10:08 AM
i think you would need to install a solenoid to have this feature. Not sure if it would be possible. If it is workable you could install more powerful struts so the trunk would open.

dacoyote
04-16-2007, 10:16 AM
That would be a sweet mod..

525SEI BRIT
04-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Sounds like a fun mod. Be the first!

too late i already did it! about 3-4 years ago on my 525. alarm-fob/remote control boot pop. how do you post wma vids on here?

Antrieb
04-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Nice.

Go to www.youtube.com and make an account. Then upload the vids!

525SEI BRIT
04-16-2007, 01:16 PM
Ok lets see how this works. i know its not the best quality vid in the world, but it dose prove its possible.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/08-oZK7E1PE"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/08-oZK7E1PE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08-oZK7E1PE)

bissellh
04-16-2007, 09:53 PM
i think you would need to install a solenoid to have this feature. Not sure if it would be possible. If it is workable you could install more powerful struts so the trunk would open.

Can you think of a solenoid in the E34 that can be used for this purpose? I ask because I have a local salvage yard that I get it from.

Has anyone been able th view the video from 525SEI BRIT? I have a youtube account, but received an error when I clicked on his link - "This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request."

Antrieb
04-16-2007, 10:54 PM
"private video"

try changing the options

525SEI BRIT
04-17-2007, 04:03 AM
Can you think of a solenoid in the E34 that can be used for this purpose? I ask because I have a local salvage yard that I get it from.

Has anyone been able th view the video from 525SEI BRIT? I have a youtube account, but received an error when I clicked on his link - "This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request."

sorry folks! try it now.

i used a flue filler lock solenoid as the release mechanism. bolted inside the boot behind the trim so it pulled the lock release. this worked really well, every time and also meant i could leave the boot deadlocked and still open with the remote without the key.

bissellh
04-17-2007, 05:15 AM
sorry folks! try it now.

i used a flue filler lock solenoid as the release mechanism. bolted inside the boot behind the trim so it pulled the lock release. this worked really well, every time and also meant i could leave the boot deadlocked and still open with the remote without the key.

That is very cool. I have the factory keyless-entry system and a 3 button remote(part # 82 11 1 487 015). Is that what you have?

I would like to know more about how you accomplished this so that I can do it too. Will you post more detail about it including part numbers? Did you have to do any special programming?

I was thinking of a manual release button on or near the dash, but a remote function would be cool too. I just don't know if I can do it with the factory keyless alarm and remote.

Paul in NZ
04-17-2007, 05:35 AM
I dont understand...you have to go to the boot(trunk) to put whatever it is or to take whatever you want out,whats the big deal about pushing a button to open it

525SEI BRIT
04-17-2007, 06:25 AM
I dont understand...you have to go to the boot(trunk) to put whatever it is or to take whatever you want out,whats the big deal about pushing a button to open it
its a bit off a gimmick! but its nice to be able to just open the boot whilst walking to the car, with out having to put anything down on a dirty floor. especially if you've got your hands full of shopping or what have you and its pissing it down!;)

plus if you deadlock the boot i.e. horizontal turn with key. the remote kills the alarm and pops the lock, without having to turn the key in the lock.

most newer cars have this fetcher.

bissellh
04-17-2007, 09:43 AM
its a bit off a gimmick! but its nice to be able to just open the boot whilst walking to the car, with out having to put anything down on a dirty floor. especially if you've got your hands full of shopping or what have you and its pissing it down!;)

plus if you deadlock the boot i.e. horizontal turn with key. the remote kills the alarm and pops the lock, without having to turn the key in the lock.

Are you going to share parts list and procedure to do this mod?

I have the factory keyless-entry system and a 3 button remote(part # 82 11 1 487 015). Is that what you have?

I was thinking of a manual release button on or near the dash, but a remote function would be cool too. I just don't know if I can do it with the factory keyless alarm and remote.

SC David
04-17-2007, 12:29 PM
That's a cool mod! I like not having a trunk release inside the car though, that way if someone breaks in, there is no access to the trunk where I tend to double lock items of value. The remote release is definitely a nice thing to have though. Or remote entry at that.

bissellh
04-19-2007, 01:54 AM

How is this mod done??? I have a 1992 BMW 525i with factory alarm/keyless system and 3 button FOB/remote.

bissellh
04-19-2007, 01:54 AM
too late i already did it! about 3-4 years ago on my 525. alarm-fob/remote control boot pop. how do you post wma vids on here?

How is this mod done??? I have a 1992 BMW 525i with factory alarm/keyless system and 3 button FOB/remote.

bissellh
04-19-2007, 01:56 AM
Ok lets see how this works. i know its not the best quality vid in the world, but it dose prove its possible.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/08-oZK7E1PE"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/08-oZK7E1PE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08-oZK7E1PE)

bissellh
04-19-2007, 01:56 AM
sorry folks! try it now.

VentoGT
04-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Hey Bissell, why not post another ****ing time! Maybe then people will answer you. Remember to use the same exact words but different quotes each time as well please.

ILoveMPower
04-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Hey Bissell, why not post another ****ing time! Maybe then people will answer you. Remember to use the same exact words but different quotes each time as well please.

Maybe it's just me but the posts appear to be minutes apart... i.e. forums were acting up on him

525SEI BRIT
04-19-2007, 09:49 AM

Desperate?!... what's it worth?!?!.....:D

bissellh
04-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Maybe it's just me but the posts appear to be minutes apart... i.e. forums were acting up on him

No, the forum didn't act up. I got pissed because that ****ing 525SEI BRIT won't tell me how he releases the trunk with his remote.

I start a thread on wanting to release the trunk through my remote control and or a button in the cabin. Antrieb suggests I work it out and share it with the forum. 525SEI BRIT replies about how it is too late because he has already done it. Then he posts a video showing him doing it on youtube.

I ask him for a parts list and a procedure on how to get it done on my 1992 BMW 525i with my factory keyless/alarm system and remote. No reply!

WTF! Is 525SEI BRIT just bragging and now won't tell anyone else because he wants to be the only one with this mod? Did he get an aftermarket keyless/alarm system and is embarassed to tell anyone? Could he not figure it out and the video is a hoax? Did he pay someone else to do it and can't tell us how because he does not know?

Now, I don't know if I should be spending time researching it myself instead of wasting my time waiting for a plausible reply. I got frustrated with 525SEI BRIT. Posting that same reply to 525SEI BRIT several times was the wrong thing to do and I apologize for that. It won't happen again.

By the way VentoGT, you can watch your ****ing tone when you respond to me. I am already frustrated enough with the forum right now and I don't need you compounding the problem.

bissellh
04-30-2007, 11:55 PM
There are kits on eBay for around $25 that have a manual button and a relay to accept a signal from the security computer. I will probably wire in a manual button and hide it so valets came not access the trunk. I would like to wire a signal from my security computer through the relay to open the trunk remotely without being in the car. I am not sure if I can generate that signal with my three button remote. Even if I could, I am not sure if is available as an output from the computer.

Thanks for all your responses.