PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine light

txp135
04-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Hi everyone, I did a quick search and there are too many threads that's unrelated. Are there any websites with organized information on this to help me? It's been raining all night last night and all day here. I was driving around 60mph when the light turned on. I pulled over, turned the engine off and checked the owner's manual. It said the light indicated emission related components and I can keep driving. So I turned it back on and drove the rest of the way. The light is solid (not blinking). is it safe to keep driving on this thing until I figure this out?

vince
04-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Yes, based on my experiences, it is probably an oxygen sensor or some kind of airflow sensor. Do make an effort to find out what the code is, try the stomp test as is written about in other posts.

vince

Hi everyone, I did a quick search and there are too many threads that's unrelated. Are there any websites with organized information on this to help me? It's been raining all night last night and all day here. I was driving around 60mph when the light turned on. I pulled over, turned the engine off and checked the owner's manual. It said the light indicated emission related components and I can keep driving. So I turned it back on and drove the rest of the way. The light is solid (not blinking). is it safe to keep driving on this thing until I figure this out?