PDA

View Full Version : fuel lines

Fraz06
04-15-2007, 04:15 AM
Hey guys, Im trying to fit new fuel lines on my 89 520i and im having some difficulty in doing this as when i bought the fuel lines from the dealership they were already pre formed with all the bends etc and i can't get the fuel line past the mounting bracket on the rear axle that holds the rear trailing arm in place, as there is a bend in the pipe, I think there is 2 of these mounting brackets on the rear axle that holds the trailing arm in place with a bolt going through a rubber bush on each bracket. Does anyone know how i could overcome this and be able to put the fuel lines on without any problems ? or should i take it to a garage to get the work carried out ?

cheers guys your help is very much appreciated

dave.o
04-15-2007, 04:40 AM
Just done the same job and I managed to force the pipes up past the bracket
by straightening out some of the bends, this worked but the end result is'nt the best looking job I have ever done. I realised afterwards a better option would be to cut each pipe and fit them in two halves making the join with in line brass pipe connectors. I reckoned a suitable place for the joins would be in front of the left hand rear wheel. Weigh it up and see what you think and best of luck!!!

Fraz06
04-15-2007, 01:31 PM
Thank You very much for your help, very much appreciated, i'll try that tomorrow,

many thanks