PDA

View Full Version : jeez if you are going to take your car to a shop clean it up a little

winfred
04-13-2007, 09:07 PM
i worked on one of the the nastyest mother****er of a e34 today i've seen, while tracking a battery draw i thought the crusty chicken nuggets under the back seat or the black floor mats (use to be light gray) was bad enough but the crusty used band aids on the floor with me while i was fixing the problem under the dash was delightful (93 525 260+k miles, ihkr III was drawing a little over 120ma across fuse 20, takes about 3 minutes after you turn off the key for the system to shut down, another climate control unit dropped the draw to 4ma after the 3 minute shut down)

owner is a big titted decent looking blond milf, a title that is in jeopardy after dealing with the massive level of filth, may get in there and find something like that looks like a moldy ham sandwich http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/puke.gif

ps dumb cunt too, car came in on the hook for won't start, i charge up the battery and after about a 20 second stumbling crank it pops off and runs good, gas gauge is pegged on nothing and the light is on, for shits and giggles i drain the tank to see what it's got after i thump the bottom and it rings, 5 quarts, spread out over 7-8 sqft of tank floor, just about any angle would of uncovered the pick up

GoldenOne
04-13-2007, 09:13 PM
sounds delightful lol

BigKriss
04-13-2007, 09:15 PM
hehehehe.. did you clean out the car or leave the **** there?

Rus
04-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Its bewildering how anyone could bear to drive such a filthy car. And its not like interior cleaning is out of reach of even the most unhandy of drivers. Most car wash places offer the service as far as I know. You are most likely right in regard to the overall cleanliness of the owner. Maybe the filth makes the interior more "homely"? :) Hope you don't get too many of these cars in the shop.

winfred
04-13-2007, 09:20 PM
**** no! i don't clean up their goddamn filth, one of my favorites is a trunk absolutely full to the brim of **** when i need to get in there, all of the crap in my way gets roughly thrown in the back seat and left there, maid ain't in my title

hehehehe.. did you clean out the car or leave the **** there?

winfred
04-13-2007, 09:23 PM
way too many, theres a few i don't need to wash the grease off my hands till after i drive it up front to get picked up, and you can't tell:(

Hope you don't get too many of these cars in the shop.

BigKriss
04-13-2007, 09:33 PM
well then, a least give a few pics of the milf

winfred
04-13-2007, 09:47 PM
doesn't look all that different then banana girl in your sig, cept big firm looken **** and a few years older

well then, a least give a few pics of the milf

Rus
04-13-2007, 09:55 PM
way too many, theres a few i don't need to wash the grease off my hands till after i drive it up front to get picked up, and you can't tell:(

Sad reality :( I could tell when the tire shop grease monkey groped the steering wheel in my car by the prints. I guess a spotless interior doesn't warrant washing one's hands before handling a customer's car. :(

winfred
04-13-2007, 09:59 PM
oh i generally clean up and if i crud up a car i clean it, but with some of these turds i am going to wash up after i get out of it so i think of it as water conservation :D

Sad reality :( I could tell when the tire shop grease monkey groped the steering wheel in my car by the prints. I guess a spotless interior doesn't warrant washing one's hands before handling a customer's car. :(

Tiger
04-13-2007, 10:03 PM
LOL... I knew a girl who was like that... damn fine figure young hottie... and everything in the car was like a tornado ran through your house. Drove me nut.

It is really ironic... they really know how to pamper themselves but don't know hot to keep everything around them clean... Can you picture it? A young hot girl standing on the sidewalk... showing off... and you see a pile of trash all around her as if she was stuck on an island? ROFLOL

Rus
04-13-2007, 10:05 PM
oh i generally clean up and if i crud up a car i clean it, but with some of these turds i am going to wash up after i get out of it so i think of it as water conservation :D

I wasn't really aiming at you in particular (been to your shop BTW, looks better than many of the "fine" establishments in NOLA). Mostly a bit frustrated with the level of service I've been treated to these past couple of weeks. Is it just me or does the level of service in most auto-shops here pale in comparison to other states? Just a week ago I took my baby in to have tires rebalanced (weight flew off, nice work by shop) and ended up with a four hour wait, what still feels like mild vibration at speed, and a scuffed trunk because some dipshit set his tools out on the trunk and dragged them about.

winfred
04-13-2007, 10:31 PM
it's amazing i seem to be the only person to be able to balance the tires on my car and squash the vibration, i the past it was when i used someone elses machine, now we have one and a non rim eating tire machine, it pissed me off to no end to pay for some ******* to not balance my tires, it's not hard, i don't get it, as for weights flying off they probably used steel wheel wheel weights, different clip then aluminum wheel wheel weights

Just a week ago I took my baby in to have tires rebalanced (weight flew off, nice work by shop) and ended up with a four hour wait, what still feels like mild vibration at speed, and a scuffed trunk because some dipshit set his tools out on the trunk and dragged them about.

genphreak
04-13-2007, 10:52 PM
Great thread Winfred, in the computer world we have equivalent people, they abuse rather than use and wonder why it all goes to ****. They'd probably work it out (I'm trying to be nice) but they spend all their time trying to blame people cause they have no process, no interest and no intention of sorting their **** out... LOL

Milkboot
04-13-2007, 10:57 PM
I think i am going to clean my car so winfred dosnt hurt me now.

even if it is 11pm and kind if rainy outside

Rus
04-13-2007, 11:18 PM
it's amazing i seem to be the only person to be able to balance the tires on my car and squash the vibration, i the past it was when i used someone elses machine, now we have one and a non rim eating tire machine, it pissed me off to no end to pay for some ******* to not balance my tires, it's not hard, i don't get it, as for weights flying off they probably used steel wheel wheel weights, different clip then aluminum wheel wheel weights

Perhaps you are right about the wrong wheel weight type being used. You also have to take into account that when you do it, you probably put some effort into the balancing process. The average grease monkey likely doesn't give a **** about the quality of the job and thus the customer loses time and money bringing the car back in over and over. Its also very frustrating to not have any nice smooth roads here to feel for vibration. Took me over a week to finally conclude that the car's behavior wasn't due to the road condition but rather the balancing job.

pundit
04-13-2007, 11:26 PM
**** no! i don't clean up their goddamn filth, one of my favorites is a trunk absolutely full to the brim of **** when i need to get in there, all of the crap in my way gets roughly thrown in the back seat and left there, maid ain't in my title
Just leave a fresh dog turd on their dash and when they complain say you didn't notice it! :p

Boone.Msi
04-13-2007, 11:53 PM
disgusting

i get to cleaning when theres more than 10 papers stuffed in the holder behind the seat. If you got in my car, it would be no different than getting in it, when it was sold new.;)

I can see people leaving papers, work supplies, a few athletic things for the evening, but a mobile trashcan is absurd...

Kalevera
04-14-2007, 12:25 AM
Dude, I've got you beat -- this regular E46 323/4/5 with a billion miles on it, owned by a short, fat, stinking guy with festering leisons all over his visible body. Guy's a cheap ass, too.

The worst thing about the car is the way it smells. Every surface has a slick of grime on it, not identifiable. In terms of junk and dirt, there's a lot. Old food, newspapers, wrappers, trash, dirt -- all par for the course. Have to clear a space around the pedals to drive the car, don't want to touch a thing without two pairs of gloves.

I have to scrub myself like a rape victim after getting within 5 feet of it.

ThoreauHD
04-14-2007, 12:36 AM
I have nothing in my car, but a tied down umbrella in the trunk and insurance/ownership papers in the glove box. I keep it spotless and mechanics tend to like it I've noticed. When they fix **** it makes them feel like they've accomplished something rather than repairing some daft jackass's vomit soaked pube laden shitpile of a choadwagon.

I have had a few mechanics stomp their workboots on the carpeting, but it's a simple matter of cleaning it up and never seeing them again. Some shops have a policy, along with paper to cover the interior, that keeps mechanics from doing damage. Some don't. So if they don't- it's the system baby. Don't go back. Can't fix it.

And Winfred, you're a trip. I wish mechanics talked to customers like you type. Would be more entertaining and truthful.

Boom n Zoom
04-14-2007, 12:59 AM
It was raining fairly heavily, had been for a few days.

Cab/Chassis Landcruiser arrives at work fresh from the Cattle yards with a Cow crate on the back.

I was the 'lucky recipient' for a 40K service (all oils, brake bleed, filters, inner axle oil seals front and rear, clean and repack the wheel bearings. Plus Remove and replace transfer case seal, this means remove and replace gearbox and transfer. A full day's work)

I have the thing on the 4 poster dripping water and cowshit and some sort of insectiside (I could smell it) all over me for most of the day. I took myself early from work up to the hospital to have myself sterilized after that day. Not sure if it did any good.

Still, it could explain a lot ;)

winfred
04-14-2007, 08:59 AM
i've got a 1999 323 just about on par with that, the tan door panel grab handles and door panel tops were black and slimey feeling, this guy ain't that cheep, anymore, we sold a 16k mile tranny through another shop to him and he had a gin soaked bum install it

Dude, I've got you beat -- this regular E46 323/4/5 with a billion miles on it, owned by a short, fat, stinking guy with festering leisons all over his visible body. Guy's a cheap ass, too.

The worst thing about the car is the way it smells. Every surface has a slick of grime on it, not identifiable. In terms of junk and dirt, there's a lot. Old food, newspapers, wrappers, trash, dirt -- all par for the course. Have to clear a space around the pedals to drive the car, don't want to touch a thing without two pairs of gloves.

Jon K
04-14-2007, 09:50 AM
I used to get customer cars @ jaguar, there were two horrible ones. One was a guys car - a 2006 XJ8 brand new looked perfect on the outside. On the inside, this guy must have smoked more cigars and cigarettes than all of europe. To top it off, he apparently carried around a small dog ALL THE TIME so there was a sheet of fur EVERYWHERE even on the dashboard. It was disgusting.

The other was this woman that you describe Winfred, in a new Ranger Rover 20003 - 2005 and I get in thinking nothing of it, and BAM hello. If you ever want to know what kid barf smells like in the hot summer heat, you could have got in this car. It was SICK. French fries everywhere. Random deposits of god knows what all over anything plastic, it smelled like barf, absolutely GROSS. I refused to move that car.

shogun
04-14-2007, 10:29 AM
A bit OT, but maybe interesting how the service is here in Japan.
Whenever you bring your car to a repair shop (not necessarily BMW)
you get it back washed and vacuumed. Nice service.
At the gasoline stand you get the windows and mirrors cleaned free of charge, ashtray is cleaned.
http://www.japan-photo.de/A-VE04-15.jpg
When you leave, they navigate you back into the traffic and with a deep bow
http://www.japan-photo.de/A-VE04-13.jpg
http://www.japan-photo.de/A-VE04-26.jpg

Russell
04-14-2007, 10:43 AM
I agree. I often wash and clean the inside of my car when I take it to my indy. If nothing else, it shows I care and I want them to care. They are good people (who care) who have worked on my cars for years.

Rus
04-14-2007, 11:14 AM
A bit OT, but maybe interesting how the service is here in Japan.
Whenever you bring your car to a repair shop (not necessarily BMW)
you get it back washed and vacuumed. Nice service.
At the gasoline stand you get the windows and mirrors cleaned free of charge, ashtray is cleaned.
http://www.japan-photo.de/A-VE04-15.jpg
When you leave, they navigate you back into the traffic and with a deep bow
http://www.japan-photo.de/A-VE04-13.jpg
http://www.japan-photo.de/A-VE04-26.jpg

Japan's population has a very different mentality when it comes to service and life in general. Definitely one of the countries on my "must visit" list. :)

Venus4NU
04-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Japan's population has a very different mentality when it comes to service and life in general. Definitely one of the countries on my "must visit" list. :)

I noticed that when I was in Japan. Kinda blew me away. They washed the windows, dumped the little trash bag, offered to clean the ashtray (it wasn't dirty). THEY pumped the gas and afterwards - they stopped traffic so we could get back on the road. AWESOME SERVICE. On a side note, once we were in downtown Hiroshima and this truck was backing up - now we noticed all mid-size to large vehicles beeped when they backed up - well this one truck didn't beep and the parking attendant who was guiding the guy beeped for the truck. I still laugh when I think of this serious looking man beeping for the truck.

I have never been one to keep my car clean. I practically live out of my car. However, this all changed when I bought my BMW. I vacuum it at least once a week, dust it once a week, and take it to the car wash at first sign that it needs a washing. The most my car ever has in it is my brief case *in the trunk* and a water bottle in the front seat. I also keep a small box in the trunk to keep my jumper cables, blanket and other emergency stuff in so the trunk always looks spic and span and stuff isn't rolling around as I drive. My husband and kids have noticed and they know not to leave a morsel of anything in it. Honestly, my car looks brand new and it is going to roll 190,000 miles this week. Not only does it look brand new it drives better than many new cars out there.

Funny, how we take such good care of things we love.

indierthanthou
04-14-2007, 01:25 PM
Two of my friends would consistantly get food at mcd's or taco bell or something like that and always ALWAYS leave their trash in there, either stuffed under the front seats or in the side pockets on the doors. I had to have a chat with them. They don't do that anymore.

...I never did find the rest of Kyler's tooth

mikell
04-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Makes me wonder if she ever heard of an oil change. Or changing any of the fluids, for that matter.
I hope you charged extra to diagnose the no fuel condition.

winfred
04-14-2007, 06:42 PM
i've got a 1999 323 just about on par with that, the tan door panel grab handles and door panel tops were black and slimey feeling, this guy ain't that cheep, anymore, we sold a 16k mile tranny through another shop to him and he had a gin soaked bum install it....

he ****ed it up about as much as possible without using a brick of C4 and a cap, douche bag tried to draw the tranny into the engine without having the converter all the way engaged, i mean really tried, he bent the flywheel, cracked the bellhousing, crushed the drive dogs on the pump and fubared the converter snout, he did other internal damage that just flat out couldn't be fixed which rendered our tranny ace confused and 16k mile tranny to the core pile, we wound up sourcing another tranny after he decided to keep going on the rotten 196k mile piece of ****, by time we bought and installed the tranny, fixed the completely ****ed ac system and cured the swiss cheese cooling system, plus the original tranny purchase we figure he spent about $7k on a car that probably wouldn't bring $1500 at auction

winfred
04-14-2007, 06:55 PM
oh they get charged for my time if i gotta put gas in the car, i love that **** when a car comes in to diagnose a running problem and it's on fumes, had a few run out on me too, i've been known to refuse to test drive a gas free car as i don't feel like screwing with it or don't have the time

i was relatively easy on that one, 2 hours labor, a gallon of gas and the price of a ihkr unit from the yard , i had a little over a hour in it with a little disgusting piece of **** charge tacked on

Makes me wonder if she ever heard of an oil change. Or changing any of the fluids, for that matter.
I hope you charged extra to diagnose the no fuel condition.

Denton
04-14-2007, 08:42 PM
I worked at a Jeep/Subaru/VW dealership... I was the detailer.

I do remember having a blue 2001ish Subaru Outback wagon come in for a wash. Holy ****, this was the most disgusting car I've ever been in. She probably had two piece-of-**** kids, becuase there was food and random crumbs, popcorn, spilled EVERYTHING all over the CLOTH interior. I couldn't vacuum it, I just washed the outside and half-assed the windows. **** that.

Not to mention the Foresters that came in. Most were actually pretty clean, but they ALWAYS smelled like old people, becuase that's what old people drive. Gross. I'd have to hold back vomit whenever Foresters came in.

Jeep and VW owners are normal, thank God. Never, ever ever got a bad Jeep.

attack eagle
04-15-2007, 03:01 AM
Its bewildering how anyone could bear to drive such a filthy car. And its not like interior cleaning is out of reach of even the most unhandy of drivers.

Which is why I refuse to drive my wife's beater/DD, clean it or work on it unless she goes and cleans it up. Women seem to view cars as a really large purse to throw stuff in, or as simply a conveyance.

I hated working on a dirty car both as a mechanic and as an installer, and I clean mine up before workingon it, or taking it somewhere. If they will be under the car, I'm under it beforehand with simple green and a hose to make sure nothing will fly/fall into the tech's face. In the Interior? vacuumed dusted and wiped down.

Now the backseat area...I try to keep mine clean, which means uninstalling the car seats once a month, washing the towels they are sitting on, finding lost toys etc... It doesn't always stay clean, but I keep it as clean as I can when I have my 4 year old and 6 month old sons occupying most of my time.
my 4 year old is old enough to start cleaning up the interior with me...

I was blown away that BMW washed and detailed my car (and rims too which are a pain!) when it took it in for a 4 wheel alignment. Saved me several hours work.

Ross
04-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Because they appreciate your business.
Unlike so businesses here(US) whom view the customer as a nuisance. All nicey nicey in ads and on mission statement posters but seriously annoyed at the prospect of actually delivering real service.

Venus4NU
04-15-2007, 11:18 PM
Which is why I refuse to drive my wife's beater/DD, clean it or work on it unless she goes and cleans it up. Women seem to view cars as a really large purse to throw stuff in, or as simply a conveyance.

Hey, hey, hey!!! Be nice! I am a *woman* and my BMW is as clean as clean can be. I even cleaned and conditioned the leather seats today.

attack eagle
04-15-2007, 11:26 PM
Hey, hey, hey!!! Be nice! I am a *woman* and my BMW is as clean as clean can be. I even cleaned and conditioned the leather seats today.

Then you are an atypical woman! That is evidenced by you being on an car enthusiast website, something also atypical for the average woman.

Venus4NU
04-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Then you are an atypical woman! That is evidenced by you being on an car enthusiast website, something also atypical for the average woman.

My BMW is my dream car. I have dreamed of owning this car for 20 years. I treat it as well as everything else in my life that I love. It has proven to be very dependable, reliable and beautiful. I believe that none of that would be true if I didn't take such great care of it. I am being totally honest when I say the interior looks brand new. First sign of something wearing out it gets replaced with OEM parts or fixed.

takumidrift30
04-17-2007, 02:17 AM
I agree. I often wash and clean the inside of my car when I take it to my indy. If nothing else, it shows I care and I want them to care. They are good people (who care) who have worked on my cars for years.

Does the same thing too, since I was young and started to maintain cars before I bring it to a shop I make it a point that it is clean inside and out..as to some more logical to have the car clean after going from the shop. Other than personal experience from my uncle's shop before, I see how mechanics treat customer's cars. If it is squeaky clean, they are extra careful if not they don't care..of course not damaging or denting the car but interms of neatness.
Some mechanics tend to be extra careful if they see how peculiar customers are. As some psychology books I've read long time ago, as there are so many of your personal stuff that reflects your personality but your car is one major thing tha reflects your character and personality.