PDA

View Full Version : Rattling front doors

bissellh
04-12-2007, 11:11 AM
When I drive over bumps in my E34, the doors make a rattling noise. As far as I can tell, it is coming from the back of the doors in the area of the door latching mechanism. It sonds to me as if the doors are bouncing and chattering against the latching mechanism. Has anyone had a similar experience? If so, how did you resolve it?

bmwrp8
04-12-2007, 12:51 PM
When I drive over bumps in my E34, the doors make a rattling noise. As far as I can tell, it is coming from the back of the doors in the area of the door latching mechanism. It sonds to me as if the doors are bouncing and chattering against the latching mechanism. Has anyone had a similar experience? If so, how did you resolve it?

had that noise before.Went to the yard and picked up a good latch mech. tried it and voila! no more noise...but you should check first might be something else

kick7ca
04-12-2007, 01:55 PM

Try some electrical tape around the inside "latch reciever", a temp fix but it will confirm the culprit.

632 Regal
04-12-2007, 11:12 PM
loose window sliders were the culprit in mine.