PDA

View Full Version : OT: Bugatti Veyron detailing

Wes F
04-11-2007, 01:12 AM
Now that's how you detail a car. I wish I could let this guy loose on my e34. Think he could make some serious dough in the days before a meet? :p

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/vxrmarc/Bugatti%20Veyron/Picture2.jpg

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=4618

fujioko
04-11-2007, 04:03 AM
That dude would have an aneurysm if I gave him my 5’er to detail.

Nick.Hay
04-11-2007, 04:21 AM
I bet that detailing would have cost a packet!!

Then again, if I coud buy a Veyron, I'd be doing that as much as needed!!

genphreak
04-11-2007, 07:40 AM
You guys have to be kidding!

Look what he did to the number plate!!!

Qube
04-11-2007, 08:42 AM
Priceless picture...

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/vxrmarc/Bugatti%20Veyron/Picture32.jpg

mikell
04-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Yikes!! After all that (and the enormous cost of the car) I'd have the thing shrink wrapped.

kick7ca
04-11-2007, 09:29 AM
It's a 5 figure cost according to the article on Autoblog.com
Never really been fond of the jellybean styling though.

Michael999
04-11-2007, 09:29 AM
wow...

Montreal525
04-11-2007, 10:13 AM
Damn that car is hot... And 30000 miles.... Way cool, if I could afford a car like that, I'd drive the hell out of it, it's nice to see an owner who uses it instead of only displaying it...

Jeff

repenttokyo
04-11-2007, 12:18 PM
what an ugly ugly place to put a plate.

Macv
04-11-2007, 02:30 PM
what an ugly ugly place to put a plate.

Another option?

repenttokyo
04-11-2007, 02:43 PM
not saying I have one, i am just saying it's a shame that the front of that car has to be scarred with a plate, and that there are countries that force people to have front plates.

swenpro
04-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Wow! Thanks for the post! The video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAa-BC2Qhp4&mode=related&search=)about this Paul is worth a look too!

ILoveMPower
04-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Simply amazing

I wish I had the knowledge of that Paul gentleman

bmwrp8
04-12-2007, 09:19 AM
Ddaaayyuummnnn

CharlesAFerg
04-12-2007, 06:17 PM
I'm just as obsessive compulsive as this guy - I should start a business, I really should.

Macv
04-12-2007, 08:11 PM
I want wax that I can massage in with my hands.

Always wanted to get closer to my baby.

CharlesAFerg
04-12-2007, 11:07 PM

those latex gloves need to go.

Jon K
04-12-2007, 11:29 PM
Sorry but, all of those cars in that image are too new and too clean to even require detailing. "Hm, I walked past my Bentley 3 times last week... yeah I think it needs to be detailed."

i also enjoy what a bitch this guys is - "Paul was correcting the paint on the boot and I asked questions paul did not talk to me" lol get some friends you freak.

CharlesAFerg
04-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Sorry but, all of those cars in that image are too new and too clean to even require detailing. "Hm, I walked past my Bentley 3 times last week... yeah I think it needs to be detailed."

http://zymol.com/shop/item.asp?PID=1378&scID=25

Dumb.
Good I'm sure, but not even remotely worth the outlandish $7,000 pricetag.

...and don't say - "WELL HAVE YOU USED IT?!" Because I will go kill you and steal it just to try it, I'm not spending that.
Just stupid.

takumidrift30
04-13-2007, 02:34 AM
Ddaaayyuummnnn
bmwrp8... OT just wondering where was the pic taken at your sig?

swenpro
04-13-2007, 10:04 AM
i also enjoy what a bitch this guys is - "Paul was correcting the paint on the boot and I asked questions paul did not talk to me" lol get some friends you freak.

sry, dude... even I don't talk to my friends when I'm concentrating really hard on something. Did you hear what he said about a respray for one of these cars?? like $20k!!

Jon K
04-13-2007, 10:18 AM
sry, dude... even I don't talk to my friends when I'm concentrating really hard on something. Did you hear what he said about a respray for one of these cars?? like $20k!!

$20k in the grand scheme of things is a bargain. $1 mill cars paint ****ed up, that detail probably cost him $5,000 or more. The wax alone is $7500 or something to buy, so i am sure he's not "giving it away". Meh - its a car. Its a nice car, but its a car. It has paint just like any car has paint. The detail is nice but it really wasn't that impressive. The engine bay is covered in plastic you could have detailed it with a bottle of simple green some Q-tips and a terry rag.

I worked at a jaguar dealership with in house body work done on old collectors E -types - I know how picky people are. The Bugatti is special, but people who own them can afford to spend what it takes - its the people who own like 2004 XJR and think they are special - these types of people will be more critical than any person on earth. Every car is someones car, I understand that, and people can become attached to them. Hell if I had a ton of time and a warm garage to do it in, I'd be detailing the **** out of my car too - but seriously, that particular detail just flaunts technology and expense without really being all that crazy. They didn't do the wheel wells. They didn't do the underbody, the cleaned the engine plastic covers. I mean that's great - props, but I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

Ross
04-13-2007, 10:51 AM
For the price of this thing it should project a friggin' hologram of a license plate.

bmwrp8
04-14-2007, 06:43 AM
bmwrp8... OT just wondering where was the pic taken at your sig?

philippines my friends house. why?

CharlesAFerg
04-14-2007, 10:00 AM
$20k in the grand scheme of things is a bargain. $1 mill cars paint ****ed up, that detail probably cost him $5,000 or more. The wax alone is $7500 or something to buy, so i am sure he's not "giving it away". Meh - its a car. Its a nice car, but its a car. It has paint just like any car has paint. The detail is nice but it really wasn't that impressive. The engine bay is covered in plastic you could have detailed it with a bottle of simple green some Q-tips and a terry rag.

I worked at a jaguar dealership with in house body work done on old collectors E -types - I know how picky people are. The Bugatti is special, but people who own them can afford to spend what it takes - its the people who own like 2004 XJR and think they are special - these types of people will be more critical than any person on earth. Every car is someones car, I understand that, and people can become attached to them. Hell if I had a ton of time and a warm garage to do it in, I'd be detailing the **** out of my car too - but seriously, that particular detail just flaunts technology and expense without really being all that crazy. They didn't do the wheel wells. They didn't do the underbody, the cleaned the engine plastic covers. I mean that's great - props, but I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

Exactly. He did use that little gadget for paint measurement which was nice, but it almost seemed out of place for what he did. I'm assuming the show simplified his work a lot so people would udnerstand, but they still didn't show much.

Jehu
04-14-2007, 01:53 PM

I bought a jar of Zymol Carbon Wax from the Dealership. $46.00 and a bottle of HD Clean to use before. It hasn't gotten warm enough here yet to use it but many suggest warming it in your bare hands and apllying it that way..

takumidrift30
04-17-2007, 02:29 AM
philippines my friends house. why?

The house looks great! Kinda just wondered of the high walls of the house w/c state actually allows that wall height. Nice looking house.