PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Rear Strut brace

525SEI BRIT
04-10-2007, 05:28 PM
Any one on here ever installed a REAR strut brace/bar? Toying with a custom made carbon unit. Hopefully gona be removable so I don't lose the through load Capabilities. Not that I ever really use it! Any suggestions / ideas/ opinions?

BigKriss
04-10-2007, 07:10 PM
No, no-one has. Are you sure you can get it to fit onto the rear strut mounts though?

525SEI BRIT
04-10-2007, 07:26 PM
No, no-one has. Are you sure you can get it to fit onto the rear strut mounts though?

No, didn't think so! maybe ill do a poll on who has fixed vs fold down seats! theirs no way its gona attach to to strut mounts. so im thinking, a couple of fixing points, i will fabricate, welded to the towers just below the shelf, allowing for a straight bar linking the two. Thereby transforming the car into a corner munching monster!!!!..... easy!!!!!.......umm!

BigKriss
04-10-2007, 07:43 PM
I'll look forward to it

No, didn't think so! maybe ill do a poll on who has fixed vs fold down seats! theirs no way its gona attach to to strut mounts. so im thinking, a couple of fixing points, i will fabricate, welded to the towers just below the shelf, allowing for a straight bar linking the two. Thereby transforming the car into a corner munching monster!!!!..... easy!!!!!.......umm!