PDA

View Full Version : HID install works but "LOW BEAM" warning?

Guelphguy
04-10-2007, 09:17 AM
I have not read a definative answer around how to fix the "low beam" warning that comes up with some HID installs. My HID's work fine I just have the factory plug going into the ballast and then the ballast to the bulb. They do work fine but I have the "low beam" warning on all the time? Anyway around this?
Thanks,.

bfd
04-10-2007, 10:26 AM
If you do a search, you would have found this:

http://www.bbesound.com/bmw/hidinstall/

BillionPa
04-10-2007, 10:36 PM
no crazy relays needed!

just wire in a small bulb (like a sidemarker bulb) in parallel to each bulb, problem solved!

Qube
04-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Either get a newer kit that addresses the check (most new ones do), or just wire a bulb inline. That's the least hassle. Else, go relay.

BigTed00
04-10-2007, 11:36 PM
meh, the LOW BEAM warning comes up occasionally for me, small price to pay for HIDs

BFEINZIMER
04-11-2007, 02:25 AM
i just always run them, there good for drl's and makes people see you easier..its just a habit for me to turn them on as i get seated in the car

bmwrp8
04-11-2007, 03:24 AM
I have not read a definative answer around how to fix the "low beam" warning that comes up with some HID installs. My HID's work fine I just have the factory plug going into the ballast and then the ballast to the bulb. They do work fine but I have the "low beam" warning on all the time? Anyway around this?
Thanks,.

click on this site...might help:) http://www.bbesound.com/bmw/HIDinstall/

Qube
04-11-2007, 08:48 AM
Just installed 3000k HIDs in fogs... no warning unless I unplug one of the ballasts or bulbs.

bmwrp8
04-11-2007, 08:53 AM
Just installed 3000k HIDs in fogs... no warning unless I unplug one of the ballasts or bulbs.

if you unplug the ballast of your fogs hid theres a warning?

Qube
04-11-2007, 10:03 AM
if you unplug the ballast of your fogs hid theres a warning?

Yes, I unplugged one bulb... warning.
Unplug one ballast... warning.

This is the same behaviour with low beams.

Low beams are Kaixen. Fogs are Decante (Germany).

Tiger
04-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Relay harness or bulb like other said. I suppose we can have both but I just hate the idea where there is a bulb in the engine compartment is on when headlight is running.

bmwrp8
04-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Yes, I unplugged one bulb... warning.
Unplug one ballast... warning.

This is the same behaviour with low beams.

Low beams are Kaixen. Fogs are Decante (Germany).

mine when i unplug 1 ballast in low beam it says "dip beam" but if i unplug 1 ballast from my fogs theres no warning...same goes for high beam.dunno why?

Johntee540
04-11-2007, 03:58 PM
That is exactly what I did. And it worked. Only it took me $250 and all different kinds of methods before I decided I would give up and do the bulb route. I even tried the BBESOUND link solution and IT didnt work either. So - just save your $$ and the effort and put some bulbs in line and you will be good! - JT