PDA

View Full Version : A/C Compressor replacement.....Bill?

callen
05-04-2004, 04:01 PM
Bad compressor......

So just replace Compressor, dryer and flush lines with compressed air? Expanion valve need to be replaced? Do rubber lines while I'm at it?

Also best place to get compressor and Reman okay?

Know its alot...

Thanks

Callen 91 535i 94 530i In soon to be steaming Houston.

Jr ///M5
05-04-2004, 05:00 PM
Nitrogen.....NOT compressed air. The idea is to rid the system of any moisture. After purging the lines with nitrogen, you'll need to hook up a vacuum pump and pump the system down. Under a good vacuum, any moisture in the system will be boiled out as you have lowered the boiling point of water via vacuum. Pressurizing with nitrogen before hand will show up any leakers that might otherwise loose all of your expensive refrigerant over time.

The expansion valve would probably not need to be replaced, unless trouble beforehand indicated so. The old 'o' rings should be replaced while you're at an A/C rebuild, the system must be leak-tight! The rule is, any time a refrigerant system is opened you should replace the dryer. I've seen some who didn't, but I don't have that type of luck...=)

There are two major brands of compressors, I believe Bill and winfred stand by the re-manned Nippondenso???

Tiger
05-04-2004, 07:00 PM
Now how many garage do you know have a tank of Nitrogen? I sure haven't seen any.