PDA

View Full Version : Driver's window off - track - can i fix it without removing the inner door panel?

repenttokyo
04-07-2007, 01:14 PM
So my driver's window has decided to come off the track. It won't go up or down. I can hear the motor moving inside the door, but the window just stays in whatever position it is in. When the window is in the "closed" position, the glass stays in place.

Is there anyway I can repair this without taking off the interior panel?

markus
04-07-2007, 01:57 PM
you probly have a broken track. i just had this happen on my passenger side door. its a cheap part and easy fix. take door panel off and have a look.

repenttokyo
04-07-2007, 02:30 PM
thanks - i'll give it a gander once the weather warms up, should be better next week.

Quick question - in the bentley manual it says that to remove the interior panel you need to remove the outside mirror. It doesn't mention anything about the tweeter on the door - does that just lift off with the entire assembly?

632 Regal
04-07-2007, 03:43 PM
you need to remove the tweeter, once inside the door there are little plastic sliders that need replacing. get them ahead of time to at least fix that part. I think your regulator is broken too.

Dave M
04-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Quick question - in the bentley manual it says that to remove the interior panel you need to remove the outside mirror.

I don't remember removing the mirror, can't see why you'd need to. However, I've been wrong before :D Either way, its an easy job, just watch how the center clampy thing goes together and try to break as few plastic clips as possible.

Good Luck,

Dave M