PDA

View Full Version : Non-SLS M5 springs...What do I use?

MTechnik540i
04-06-2007, 12:11 AM
So, here's the deal...Wanting to upgrade the springs on the M5 from the Dinan Stage 1 to H&R Sports. Now, how should we go about this? I assume that I'd be ordering a 535i equivalent spring, as it's SLS delete along the weight being very similar.

Any help is appreciated, TIA!

Brandon J
04-06-2007, 11:12 AM
H&R did make a non sls spring. It is extremely hard to find any in stock and it is not listed int he catalogue. It has been discontinued. Yes, the other common practice is to use rear 535i springs and M5 front springs.

txp135
04-06-2007, 11:17 AM
I didn't know that Dinan to H&R is an upgrade. How does the Dinan ride? What are you looking to achieve by upgrading. I'm interested because I'm redoing the suspension soon. Thanks.

MTechnik540i
04-06-2007, 07:08 PM
H&R did make a non sls spring. It is extremely hard to find any in stock and it is not listed int he catalogue. It has been discontinued. Yes, the other common practice is to use rear 535i springs and M5 front springs.

Interesting, I've never heard of such a thing.

On another note, Bret Anderson was trying to get me away from the H&Rs (Which he's not fond of) and pointed me to some springs that UUC is a US importer for (...Can't think of the name right off the top of my head). He's thinking that they've got a spring for SLS Deleted M5s, and claims that it's was Rob Levinson's had good luck with on his Touring.