PDA

View Full Version : Subwoofer

///Sniper535
04-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Has anyone tried the Bavarian Autosport / Infinity Basslink "Plug 'n' Play" Subwoofer Kit?

Any suggestions on a subwoofer? I dont need anything fancy just something to make the bass sound better. That's why i've been thinking about that Infinity Basslink unit.

gmannino
04-05-2007, 07:37 PM
The basslink is good for fill-in bass. Its one of the better self-powered/enclosed subwoofer systems. I would suggest breaking out the center ski boot.

If you fold down your rear seat center armrest and peel back the leather flap you will expose the metal plate where the ski boot is. BMW fabricated this so I can be easily popped out with a little force. This will allow sound pressure from inside the trunk to enter the cabin.

///Sniper535
04-15-2007, 10:35 AM
Is the installation kit that bavauto sells with the sub for $450 worth it?

///Sniper535
04-17-2007, 11:47 PM
Where else can i get an installation kit for the Basslink unit? Does anyone know?

pingu
04-18-2007, 04:36 AM
I've got a Basslink sub and I'm very happy with it. As far as I can remember (a while back now), it came with various leads etc. I think I had to buy some extra leads to use the phono sockets (maybe you call these RCA sosckets in the USA?) from my CD player to the Basslink. I think I paid about £20 for the phono leads and some power wiring to conect the Basslink to the car battery. In todays money, that would be about $40. Is the installaiton kit really $450? Does it include a new car?

grave77
04-18-2007, 05:13 AM
most of the 5 series I've seen have installed a subwoofer box at the center seat, and yes they ( including me ) broke the metal rectangle for the ski blades.
what type of bass you need is the thing that makes you choose the subwoofer system, deeper bass = bigger subs abit bigger enclosure type. if it's only for enhancing the bass kick then the basslink system would be fine.

for the installation kit, Guys... it's only 2 RCA cables and 2 thick power cables !! you can buy them separately and save hell of money. if your head unit has no sub out or line out you can use the isolation box with transformers, 15$ price. make sure you ground the unit to the chassis and not to the (-) of the battery. so you would not get the alternator noise in the amplifier.

good luck

RobPatt
04-18-2007, 07:44 AM
.... bought for about $150 from fleabay about 3 years ago.....

knocked out the back seat panel like others have and am very happy with it...wired myself, you could do the same... not a prob.

sounds nice. glad I did it.....

525ikicker
11-17-2007, 04:16 PM
i recently bought a 12 inch subwoofer with amp and box all in one... 50.00 at the local super wal mart... only 550 amp maximum, i run it around 300... it sounds great and doesnt call for too much power, also i popped out the rear ski bag plate and it sounds real nice.. a good thud.

Qube
11-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Basslink is a good system if you wanna just get some fill without the hassle. If I were building out a new car, it would be a different story. I got mine just over a bill I think two years ago. Wiring is simple... so don't bother with the super markup on the BavAuto kit. Just get some taps and pull it from the crossover in the back. I thought I posted a writeup on it but might be wrong.

NB: don't need to tap into other power. I forgot what the hell I tapped it into now :) Oh yeah and definitely open up the ski bag cover. I didn't take it out because I DO ski and need that thing heh.